• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Brakes didn't work, auto assist didn't work, crashed!

Brake failure report on an MG ZS in this thread as link below. Similar discussions to on this thread.
No conclusion or update that I could see from the Original poster in that thread, but he appears to have been on the forum since.

Hopefully Bamboo reports back with a conclusion to this significant issue.
Thanks for the link @Rocinante!!!

The car has been written off, we asked them to check for faults.
We'll have to wait to see what the insurance uncovers.
Has the insurance company said they will spend time and money investigating the cause ?

Can you confirm your car was a MK1
Yes.

After @Rocinante pointed me to the other thread, @Tim Green makes the following point suggesting there is indeed a link between the hydraulic brakes and the electronics. this relates back to @Ozzie's and @sgt4hed's
posts earlier in this thread:

Had an issue with an Seat Ibiza where the brake servo stopped working intermittently and then would be fine again. That felt like no brakes at all when it happened but they were on but nothing like normal stopping force.
I had it looked at but sods law no fault found and then the next week it happened again and this time I ran into the back of another car! Sold it immediately after the repair

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom