Brand New XPOWER - Data Not Working?

You might have found them already but the Jerry Pan tutorial videos are quite comprehensive and might help you find a way around the issues you are having, this is the iSmart connection video

Also may be best to link everything from scratch in an area with excellent mobile signal if you’ve not tried this already.

I had issues on the day of my pick up with the QR code not appearing. I went to sleep got in the car the next morning and it was there. /shrug

@Ruddaga

Got into car today,

Everything worked!

I guess it was just server issues in the end.

Thanks to everyone for the help ☺️✨

In settings there is also an option to turn on/off network traffic. If this is off I believe 4G will be ignored even if showing bars on the home screen. Worth a check.

You are NOT alone with this app problem and the MG support is appauling.

We took delivery of the X Power just 2 weeks ago now and the app worked just fine at first until it suddenly said "The Service Is Not Available please try again later" on the iPhone.

Even though my details are on the car, I cannot sign into the app anymore.

HERE IS THE BAD BIT -
1. Contacted MG UK and was told to contact a Local Dealer to sort it.

2. Phoned the dealer I currently use to service my other car - a MG ZS EV mk 1 - who is Chorley Motors in Burnley and they promised to phone me back to no avail.

3. Contacted Chorley Motors in Chorley HQ and again promised to phone me back but didn't.

4. Phoned Perry's Motors in Preston who promised to phone me back and didn't.

5. Had to go back to MG in the UK and emailed their Customer Service Dept. with my Name & Address, VIN Number of the car and a copy of the V5 document and they told me they would try and reset the details on their server and come back to me, so far nothing since Friday of last week.

6. Today I tried calling Chapelhouse in Southport who said it sounded like an update was needed, so was told they would call me back on Monday of next week.

We have done every suggestion possible shown on Forums, You Tube you name it and all has failed. The app does not work right now for many people out there, certainly not on our iPhones and we have tried two of them.

Not at all happy with MG right now and I am starting to look for a different car when I change my ZS EV Mk1 next year, maybe look at the FISKER OCEAN instead, looks nice.

Andy (Blackpool)

Last edited:
The Service Is Not Available please try again later
I have the exact same issue with my XPower, iSmart app worked fine for the first 2/3 weeks then this error is all im getting now.

Contacted the dealer, they had me try some stuff, nothing worked, dealer was out of ideas so told me to contact MG.
MG reply almost instantly telling me to contact my dealer to get them to open a tech case.
Its now back with the dealer...

Sorry to hear about these problems and I hope you get them resolved - it is almost certainly a configuration problem which will most likely lie with SAIC/MG China. It does highlight the difficulties many people have had getting hold of decent support for difficult problems.

The Fisker looks interesting but I would worry about the viability / stability of the company based on his history.

Picked up my new XPOWER today,

Everything seems well, however, I had some initial trouble with the App.

Not sure why it wasn’t loading the QR code, I decided to hotspot my phones WiFi to the car,

After I accepted the privacy policy which loaded up straight away, I scanned the QR code on the app.

It sent across the profile picture & name, is definitely logged in however there’s zero connection to the car.

Tried to see the battery level in the app, won’t load.

Tried to activate digital key, just says Bluetooth disconnected & won’t activate.

Tried deleting app & signing out on the car several times. No luck.

Then when I turned off the phones WiFi hotspot to the car,

Even though there’s Full Signal with 4G data in the car, it just doesn’t load anything - for example with the WiFi hotspot, weather data loads instantly.

But on the Cars 4G Data, nothing. Just blank & tries to get data which eventually says error no connection.

Anyone have any similar issues with the app and mobile data?
Same Problem for 2 weeks now !

We took delivery of the X Power just 2 weeks ago now and the app worked just fine at first until it suddenly said "The Service Is Not Available please try again later" on the iPhone.
I've had exactly the same experience with my XPower. App worked fine and then suddenly a couple of weeks ago got the "service not available" message and it hasn't worked since, Tried every suggestion I've seen to no avail.

TBPH the app was basically junk to me anyway unless I developed a sudden desire to drain the 12V battery.

Yippie!
It works now! It says do you wish to bind the car? Clearly MG had unbound it after I sent the email with all the proof required to prove who I am. Also of about 7 x MG Dealers I had spoken to, there was one lady who went above and beyond, was Sandra at MG Lancaster where I will now take all my business 😊

p.s. on a funny note I have the greeting set to ‘ ***’ … brightens up my day as I laugh

Thank you MG…at least for that 🤣

I've had exactly the same experience with my XPower. App worked fine and then suddenly a couple of weeks ago got the "service not available" message and it hasn't worked since, Tried every suggestion I've seen to no avail.

TBPH the app was basically junk to me anyway unless I developed a sudden desire to drain the 12V battery.
Looks like my partner Ash beat me to it!

We managed to resolve the App problem by contacting MG Customer Services UK and they asked us last Friday to email them the following information:
Name & Address
VIN Number of the car
Copy of the V5 document.

MG Customer Services said they would try and reset the details on their server and come back to me.

On Monday, my partner started to received over 99 messages showing when the car had been started or accessed and the app started to work again.

So despite trying several dealers around the North West locally to Blackpool ish! and NOT getting even a phone call back to help, the only dealer that responded and went out of their way was Cox Motor Group Lancaster who have booked the car in to check if any updates are needed this week.

All is well that ends well - Maybe!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom