Brand new ZS EV..

Hi @Les burrows .
No - You are totally correct, I was not aware that the ZS EV had what BMW call a “Total Closure” facility !.
My previous VW had this feature also.
I will test and report back on your advice.
Hi lmyev im sorry to say I may be wrong as according to Kithmo the MGzs does not do this I have the 5 and that does I can assure you so sorry if I have mislead you
Les

Hi lmyev im sorry to say I may be wrong as according to Kithmo the MGzs does not do this I have the 5 and that does I can assure you so sorry if I have mislead you
Les
No problem !.
I was kicking myself at first for missing out on this feature, but then again - NO !.
MG5 for this feature only, back to hit the button for closing the windows it is then.
Never had it - never missed it I guess !.

I went and tested this yesterday on my ZS, and can confirm it doesn't have this feature.

I tried it on my ZS and it certainly doesn't work.
Also as a facility it was discussed as being dangerous as dogs or children could have their heads/arms etc trapped.

Hi LMev, I gather from what you have wrote you don’t know this but if the windows or open and you won’t to close them just press and hold the lock button on your key remote and that will close them also if you want to open the windows just press and hold the open button and down they go, no need to turn car on at all lots of cars do this nowadays from lots of different manufacturers
Les
I have just tried to open windows by holding down the open button and it didn't work, also tried to close windows by holding down lock button it didn't work either ,are you sure about this or are you talking about a different car or model?

I have just tried to open windows by holding down the open button and it didn't work, also tried to close windows by holding down lock button it didn't work either ,are you sure about this or are you talking about a different car or model?
This doesn’t work on the ZS only on the MG5

Sorry ciaran it appears it only works on the MG5 model has has been stated my mistake it’s seems there are lots of differences between the 5 and Zs in quite a few areas
Les

That'll be the indicators, if you used to drive a beamer or Audi then you will be unaccustomed to this noise :cool:
Funnily enough, I've never owned a Beamer, Audi, Merc or a Volvo (the original non indicator drivers) as I could never afford one. 😉

The first stage of the start button is really a waste of time. I can’t see what purpose it has. In fact I hope in future models they do away completely with the start button. Just foot on the brake to turn the car on.
The first stage of the start button is really a waste of time. I can’t see what purpose it has. In fact I hope in future models they do away completely with the start button. Just foot on the brake to turn the car on.

Quite agree it originates from ice cars with have a aux position on the ignition switch.

Quite agree it originates from ice cars with have a aux position on the ignition switch.
Yes and it could have been dropped years ago when electronic ignition became standard.
The idea of the AUX position was to prevent burning the ignition coil out if you turned the ignition on, without starting the motor (e.g. to listen to the radio) and the points happened to be in the closed position.

Assuming the radio works off the 12v battery as usual, then the AUX position would enable the radio to be used without having the inverter working and the running lights on. Sounds sensible to me......

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom