Breakdown/Emergency Kit

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Gone are the days when I used to keep a selection of tools, wire, rope, WD40, selection of fuses etc. in a small toolbox in the boot together with a knuckle bar with a wheel nut socket attached just in case of a breakdown.

What do you keep in MG4 in case of a breakdown or emergency?
I have a battery booster pack, 10mm spanner, torch, florescent jacket, old waterproof jacket, granny and a 22kw type 2 cable.

Gone are the days when I used to keep a selection of tools, wire, rope, WD40, selection of fuses etc. in a small toolbox in the boot together with a knuckle bar with a wheel nut socket attached just in case of a breakdown.

What do you keep in MG4 in case of a breakdown or emergency?
I have a battery booster pack, 10mm spanner, torch, florescent jacket, old waterproof jacket, granny and a 22kw type 2 cable.
You keep your Granny in boot???:eek:

On a slightly more serious note, I unloaded polystyrene spare wheel, replaced with space-saver wheel, scissor-jack { god bless Ebay } microfiber cloth { screens finger-prints cleaning } microfiber pad on a handle { inside windscreen defogger } etc

and recently looked at polystyrene spare wheel again, and to my delight, noticed the MG air pump o_O. So rescued it from garage burial site. And installed it in the boot(y)

Last edited:
After 2 mismatched keys ordered online I can confirm that this key 1693946319252.png
has an MG4 compatible spade. Engraving costed approx 8 eur.

Should be in a place where others can reach it in case you cannot get in/out of your car

HU100 is the blade code, and the length is (small bit) longer than the original, but that do not matter.

The engraver said that a lot of these aliexpress blades are such bad quality that engraving will ruin the blade quick, but this one is ok quality.

No i have no stocks in the company and this is not advertisement but compatible blade check :)

Which reminds me that any CAN bus hack is of course easier when you can get into the car so do not leave your key unattended.

Last edited:
I actually have a tyre puncture repair kit, a plier to pull the nail/screw out, and a jack( it should be easier to rotate the tyre to get at the offending screw! And helps to pump the tyre up if tyre is off the ground.)

PS: maybe get a latest Huawei Mate 60Pro which could make satellite calls should you be in the middle of nowhere!🤣

Attachments

• IMG_3284.png
    IMG_3284.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%