Bubbles on the dashboard

baader

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi, has anyone had a problem with bubbles on the dashboard? Thank you for the information.

Attachments

• stažený soubor (1).jpeg
    stažený soubor (1).jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 91
Some folks here have had this issue and got a new dash under warranty. (I've done a quick search but I can't easily find the relevant threads).

Some folks here have had this issue and got a new dash under warranty. (I've done a quick search but I can't easily find the relevant threads).
Likewise I've seen a few posts / YT videos on this - just like a blister give it a quick de-air with a thin needle? - if it were a 100k car then fine, but it isn't - is it a major issue?

Likewise I've seen a few posts / YT videos on this - just like a blister give it a quick de-air with a thin needle? - if it were a 100k car then fine, but it isn't - is it a major issue?
Maybe a big problem in my neck of the woods, we get very serious temperatures in vehicles and huge uv figures.
modern day dashboard should not crack or blister that’s a thing for vintage units like my 1972 Komb.

Hi

Have the same problem with 2 small bubbles in front of the driver side instruments , went in for 12 month service 27 Jan 2024 Was told that the car need 3 recall updates when we ask what the recalls were for couldn’t give us an answer. was book in for 22nd Dec 2023 but dealer cancelled and rebooked for Jan , we mentioned the bubbles then was the told. Trim has 12 month warranty so MG would not replace point out that if the original service date would have gone ahead would have been with the 12 months , was then told 12 months warranty starts from when the car was registered which was 30th Dec 2022 not from when we picked it up which was the 7th Jan 2023 instead of Dec 2022 due to mg turning of the system so the car could not be taxed. The dealer is Chapel house St Helens. It seems like dealers try to avoid doing anything without you have to argue.
Gary

Last edited:
You have the small claims court in the UK, for claims up to £10,000. You can apply online, effectively 'taking' the dealer to the court. They'll invariably pay up in situations that sound unreasonable to the claimant as the judge will also side with the claimant in such claims but they might simply just settle the claim on receipt of the court's notice.

You have the small claims court in the UK, for claims up to £10,000. You can apply online, effectively 'taking' the dealer to the court. They'll invariably pay up in situations that sound unreasonable to the claimant as the judge will also side with the claimant in such claims but they might simply just settle the claim on receipt of the court's notice.
Yes, if the judge deems that it isn't fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality based on reasonable expectations, they can rule in your favour, whatever the warranty terms state.

Just because the manufacturer has exclusions, it doesn't mean that they will stand up in court.

But of course, most people don't want the time and trouble of a court case.

Thanks for the advice it’s a shame that people have to consider this route this is the second car we have had from chapel house it’s seems like there no such thing as customer support these day. I would be interested in other owners who have had the same problem

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back