Byd Atto 3

I am certainly going to take a test drive when possible, looking at all the reviews on the RHD model in Australia it looks really good. I have been quoted at least a 30 week delivery time for the ZS LR, if not longer.
I recently had to have a loan car whilst my ZS was in for repairs, I was given a Kia E Niro (old Model)
the only thing to impress me was the range, it was very basic in technology compared to the ZS, not even heated seats!
I am also awaiting a test drive in the MG4 and updated MG5 when available.

Atto 3 has released and is supposedly available now to test drive & buy.

Lowest spec is roughly £36k and the highest is about £38k. Lowest spec contains a lot of stuff as standard, it only misses out on the larger infotainment screen, automatic boot and a few other small stuff.

BYD are offering a £3k deposit contribution for those who opt to go the finance route.

Can’t find anything on the warranty however.

Atto 3 has released and is supposedly available now to test drive & buy.

Lowest spec is roughly £36k and the highest is about £38k. Lowest spec contains a lot of stuff as standard, it only misses out on the larger infotainment screen, automatic boot and a few other small stuff.

BYD are offering a £3k deposit contribution for those who opt to go the finance route.

Can’t find anything on the warranty however.
The Australian launch was a bit wobbly. The local distributer tripped over themselves with regards to warranty and service schedules but everyone appears happy with the cars. I have a couple interviews with owners on my channel -

PS: I'm a Gen 1 ZS EV owner :)

I was considering the BYD Atto 3 & tried to get a look at one close up & a test drive, But despite two emails & a phone call to the BYD shared dealership with Mercedes Benz in Stockport I never got a reply back from them in over a month. 🙁Their loss as I'm going to upgrade my gen 1 MG ZS EV Excite model with a gen 2 Trophy model. 😊

On the subject of BYD, does anyone have an opinion on the Dolphin vs the MG4? I'd initially dismissed it when I heard they were only going to release the >30k models at first in the UK but honestly, comparing those to the Trophy they come out pretty well for feature set as well as being a grand or two cheaper. In particular the LFP blade batteries are pretty neat and a heat pump as standard is tempting to reduce the range drop in winter.

I was basically sold on an MG4 SESR on the basis that there wasn't really any competition at that price point but I'm now wondering whether it's worth waiting for the smaller battery Dolphins to arrive or even to see whether I could afford to upgrade to the Comfort...

If I recall reviews correctly, the smaller battery Dolphin also has a lower power motor, and so feels particularly sluggish to drive, at a price point no better than the MG4 SE SR.

I was considering the BYD Atto 3 & tried to get a look at one close up & a test drive, But despite two emails & a phone call to the BYD shared dealership with Mercedes Benz in Stockport I never got a reply back from them in over a month. 🙁Their loss as I'm going to upgrade my gen 1 MG ZS EV Excite model with a gen 2 Trophy model. 😊
I test drove one on same day as I test drove the MG4 and the Toyota BZ4. It’s a good car , very well built and compent overall - only negatives aregarish interior and the drive is fairly numb - more numb than the BZ4 even.

I test drove one on same day as I test drove the MG4 and the Toyota BZ4. It’s a good car , very well built and compent overall - only negatives aregarish interior and the drive is fairly numb - more numb than the BZ4 even.
Yes, the looks in and out polarise (some like, some don't) and it isn't a driver's car, but it all depends on your priorities.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom