Cables that come with ZS ev.

Pauli363

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Guys, can you advise what cables come with the car 22 (ZS ev updated model)? I know there is a granny charger included, but do you also get the cable necessary to connect to untethered public chargers?
Ive read yes and others saying no.

No, unless you asked for or ordered one, same as mats and mudflaps.
Did you buy on the Infinity Scheme?

Cables are not included.

Heck, in Denmark, not even the Granny charger is included anymore. :)

Do not buy the MG ones, they are overpriced, get yourself a cable that is 32A, at half the price or what MG is asking.

Hassle the dealer to throw in a type 2 cable, like we used to haggle over car mats :). If no dice then they are not ruinously expensive to buy, lot's of sellers.

In France the dealer told me the type 2 cable comes with the car and their dealership always give a home charger because most people are gonna want one anyway

And in Denmark as said no Granny charger and no Type 2 cable.

They offer both as a paid extra.

Cable : £360
Granny charger : £285

I said no thanks to both, and bought a Type 2 cable for £180 and then i will just not have a granny charger at all.

Found out, Granny charger is not that useful anyway, as it is a 10A charger, but most, sockets in houses here, are actually only allowed to do 6A continuously, so can not use it in most places.

In all fairness, most charging in the time we had it, has been done at our wall charger, running at 13A. This way the combined load of the charger and the house does not exceed 3660 Watts, as this is what our solar inverter is able to deliver.

One thing that is a bit surprising though, is the losses. If i do the math, when the charger is set to 13A, it actually only runs at 12 Amps (Probably to not trip the 13A fuse) and 212 volts. This is approximately 2750 Watts, but the car reports it is charging at 2440 watts or thereabout.

So the wall charger and the inverter in the car, is actually loosing about 300 watts or about 10%

So when you charge the car 1 Kilowatt, you actually have to pay for 1.1 Kilowatt :)

I'm li
Cables are not included.

Heck, in Denmark, not even the Granny charger is included anymore. :)

Do not buy the MG ones, they are overpriced, get yourself a cable that is 32A, at half the price or what MG is asking.
You live in Danmark?
I live there and I have some curiosity.

Did you have any problems with the car? How many miles do you drive a day?
I have not had any problems, besides the well known problem where it says that it is time for service.

This one came on at about 1100 km and i just reset it like others have done.

Other than that and the app being silly and not connecting very fast its been ok (Update to app a few days ago, app is not better, in that it most of the time connects reasonably fast, but still sometimes it is very slow).

On a daily basis, i do a roundtrip to work of about 30 kilometers. I still have the first longer trip (besides when picking the car up) but in about 10 days i will have a longer trip of 250 kilometers each way.

How many km you are driving with one charge??
As said, i have not done any longer trips, and i have solar panels, so i charge every day to top it off.

Generally the last 14 days, i have used about 4-5% going TO work and 3-4% going from work.

To work is 5:45 so until now not very warm, so in the morning it uses the heater a lot.

In summer i would expect somewhere between 300-350 on a charge if i do 110 km/t on the motorway.

The trip in 10 days where i will do 500 kilometers in one day, i expect to do the first part without charging and when going home i expect to charge somewhere within 50-100 kilometers from where i will go (Meeting, multiple hours, but sadly no destination charger anywhere near) and then i will have to charge for 20-30 minutes at a fast charger to get enough range to make it home.

As said, i have not done any longer trips, and i have solar panels, so i charge every day to top it off.

Generally the last 14 days, i have used about 4-5% going TO work and 3-4% going from work.

To work is 5:45 so until now not very warm, so in the morning it uses the heater a lot.

In summer i would expect somewhere between 300-350 on a charge if i do 110 km/t on the motorway.

The trip in 10 days where i will do 500 kilometers in one day, i expect to do the first part without charging and when going home i expect to charge somewhere within 50-100 kilometers from where i will go (Meeting, multiple hours, but sadly no destination charger anywhere near) and then i will have to charge for 20-30 minutes at a fast charger to get enough range to make it home

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, can you advise what cables come with the car 22 (ZS ev updated model)? I know there is a granny charger included, but do you also get the cable necessary to connect to untethered public chargers?
Ive read yes and others saying no.
It depends on what you've added. The 'Granny Cable' or '3-pin Cable' comes as standard, but the Type 2 to Type 2 is an extra for 200 pounds extra.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom