Can I adjust the pedal position/location?

tom3429

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi. I'm in Australia, and had a test drive here. For me, one of the most disappointing things was the pedal location.

The brake and the accelerator are both in the middle. Does anyone know if I can move the pedal to further right?
Screenshot_20240107-163117.png

I was keep pressing down the empty space on the right side of the accelerator while I was driving by mistake. Other cars I have driven had the pedal almost all the way to the right side wall.

I checked the mg mulan(chinese model), and it seems their pedal is right near the wall of the center console. I guess they just used the same part for the LHD and RHD model..?
Screenshot_20240107-163829~2.jpg

My dealer kinda try to suggest that he will 3d print something, but I wasn't sure how safe it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me wondering about my pedals now. I don’t have an issue with them though but yours DO look weirdly offset… but mine may well be the same, I’d imagine RHD cars are all the same but I’ll have a look.

Got me wondering about my pedals now. I don’t have an issue with them though but yours DO look weirdly offset… but mine may well be the same, I’d imagine RHD cars are all the same but I’ll have a look.
I was too!! 🤣🤣
I had to go and have a look!
@tom3429 does seem to have an oddly central accelerator pedal?

And no, there is no adjustment, but I suppose you could customise something if you really wanted the car?

I was too!! 🤣🤣
I had to go and have a look!
@tom3429 does seem to have an oddly central accelerator pedal?

And no, there is no adjustment, but I suppose you could customise something if you really wanted the car?
I haven't had a chance to drive another mg4.
Though zs ev version's pedal was way closer to the right side than the one I drove.

If you feel the floor just to the right of the accelerator pedal you'll notice the wheel arch protrudes into that area so the pedal would not go fully down. I know because I keep catching my size elevens on it and wonder why the car's not accelerating much. 😉

If you feel the floor just to the right of the accelerator pedal you'll notice the wheel arch protrudes into that area so the pedal would not go fully down. I know because I keep catching my size elevens on it and wonder why the car's not accelerating much. 😉
That kinda makes sense. Maybe my feet are small so causing problem? Im us 10(uk9), and my right foot can totally pass through the gap on the right.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back