Can I change my order?

Lespresso

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have recently placed an order for a MG5 facelift and contemplating changing for an MG4,
am I tied to the original deal?

Thanks, I’ve been dealing with this MG main dealership for several years and now on my 4th MG, I am confident they’ll oblige but just wanted to know.
Leave the MG5 order ride and order the MG4 also, just in case there is a big delay on either.
The dealer will not care, he will leave the order ride even if you cancel personally.
No grants any more so leave it ride !.
Options, you can’t have too many options.

Leave the MG5 order ride and order the MG4 also, just in case there is a big delay on either.
The dealer will not care, he will leave the order ride even if you cancel personally.
My thoughts exactly, thanks.

That's exactly what I'd do.... I'd like to be wrong, if ZS is any example then it was an initial burst of cars, then nada. At least this way you've got two horses in the race :LOL:

As you know the dealer very well, then ask them for the chance to grab one of the first cars that they receive.
Miles has suggested, if MG send what they have promised, then the UK should get pretty close too receiving two cars per dealership.
I was similar on the ZS EV Gen 1 & 2 for the first wave of cars.
If the same thing happens for the MG4 & MG5 face lift ( and I think it will ) then what is likely to happen is this.
Dealers will take orders for the MG4 and the supply of cars will be very limited.
Then there will be a repeat of the ZS EV face lift orders, a long wait.
My guess would be that the first demo cars will be the higher spec'd models.
Some dealers who received two ZS EV facelift models, actually sold one to a customer.

I spoke to the dealership this morning and they are happy to change if I would like, they advised that they will be getting a mg4 demonstrator mid to end of September.
At least you don't have to change it now, and it's not too long to wait for a test drive.

For anyone due to receive their ZS shortly but now wanting the MG4, are you still planning to cancel your order outright or drive the car until the 4 arrives?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back