Can I select/change the charging current when using the iSmart App?

Helena999

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have a feeling that when having put my car on charge previously, I've managed to change the charging current from max to a lower current using the iSmart App. However, I now don't seem to be able to do this. The App displays what current the car is charging at, but I the number displayed isn't "clickable" and doesn't give an option to select the other options. Was I imagining my previous change or has the App been updated to remove this option. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

And I'm assuming a request to MG to reinstate it won't get us anywhere???
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Yes, we can change it in the car (I should say that the OP is my partner!) but were wanting to change it via the app - mostly because we have solar panels which on a sunny day typically generate 1.5-2.5kw (= 6-10Amps) so being able to choose the current which uses all the solar electricity but not above that would be ideal (without having to do it in the car).

It seems to revert to the max allowed on the next charge anyway, which is fine.

I think I have only seen this option in the car, and we too only have a granny charger- over 4000 miles with no other means of charging on an MG4EV standard range - it's a 51kWh LFeP battery. We've done the manual matching to solar a few times this summer but mainly take the 8.6p for 7 hours at night that we get from 100green.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back