Cancel MG4 Trophy and go for Megane E-Tech?

It may not be state controlled but it is moderator controlled!
Posting on topic is always expected and required.
In this case I don't actually have an issue with discussion on the Megane because it's being done within a very specific MG4 related context :)
Absolutely, but I would not want to see out & out promotional 'Ra Ra' for alternative cars whilst being derogatory about the MG4 and dealers on this forum

Absolutely, but I would not want to see out & out promotional 'Ra Ra' for alternative cars whilst being derogatory about the MG4 and dealers on this forum
Your in the wrong forum if you don't want derogatory comments about dealers😂.

Also the forum would be a very false feeling place if people were only posting positive things when there are quite clearly so many negative niggles and issues at the moment.

Also I like 'Ra Ra ing' when I'm asked👍

Derogatory about dealers? Never!

Your in the wrong forum if you don't want derogatory comments about dealers😂.

Also the forum would be a very false feeling place if people were only posting positive things when there are quite clearly so many negative niggles and issues at the moment.

Also I like 'Ra Ra ing' when I'm asked👍
I'm honestly starting to think it's you in the wrong forum Leni. I'm sure they'd Ra Ra you in the Renault forums

They do I'm in a couple!
like I say it's not as much fun as here it's all full of positive stuff and people loving life.

Plus I've got another 3 members still to poach from here, that's if TJ comes over.
Get another 3 and I get my free 5000 miles of charging on my card.👍

They do I'm in a couple!
like I say it's not as much fun as here it's all full of positive stuff and people loving life.

Plus I've got another 3 members still to poach from here, if TJ comes over.
Ge
Excellent. Hope you all enjoy the Ooo La La. One question, when you get your MG4 for your 2nd car, will you have a MG4 for your profile picture in the Renault forums ?

Excellent. Hope you all enjoy the Ooo La La. One question, when you get your MG4 for your 2nd car, will you have a MG4 for your profile picture in the Renault forums ?
Absolutely not, only going to have a picture of the really good car in my pic👍

Oh wait I see what you did there. 🤔

Do you know something I dont? am I going?

Anyway this is getting way off topic and a bit self indulgent, and probably very boring for everyone else.

Oh wait I see what you did there. 🤔

Do you know something I dont? am I going?
As you mentioned in a previous post of yours, you were thinking about going but maybe getting an MG4 for a 2nd car.

Yes, way off topic and boring now, so last post, maybe more suited on a Renault forum :)

Thanks. I'll post after the test drive later today. The Google android infotainment system that works and has over the air updates is a definite pull for me. Strange that most other manufacturers have designed their own systems. Not surprising they are riddled with bugs. I don't want to be part of the community that finds them for MG and has to spend days with it booked in for updates.

So far the Renault dealer has been brilliant. My MG4 dealer couldn't care less it seems and that's a big factor. They say in the hotel and restaurant business that service is what they do for you and hospitality is how they make you feel. Well, my MG dealer is not providing the service (ignoring my emails) and is making me feel neglected and nervous. I don't really need another battle on my hands with a possible Friday afternoon car and an unresponsive dealer.
Wow. I hadn't expected my criticism of the MG4 to cause such a stir. I can see why my comments might irritate someone who has their car and is happy. Not sure why they would read my post given the title but there you go. Like someone deliberately watching a TV program they know will upset them and then complaining that it has upset them! My point was that my MG dealer was ignoring my requests for comment and reassurance about the emerging issues and this had pushed my confidence to a tipping point. A forum about MG ownership should surely include discussions about dealer support. Test drove an E-tech today (sshh... don't mention Renault. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!). Loved it but perhaps more importantly loved the dealer's professionalism. Impressive. I know it costs more but the £31,800 for the Trophy I ordered I think entitled me to rather better treatment and respect. Got a great discount today rather than a 'sorry but that's the price- take it or leave it. Ok maybe I'll throw in some mats' and delivery March/April. Dealer could see cars available in real time with various models and trims. Sent email to MG dealer tonight cancelling order because of their failure to provide a reasonable level of service and care.

Wow. I hadn't expected my criticism of the MG4 to cause such a stir. I can see why my comments might irritate someone who has their car and is happy. Not sure why they would read my post given the title but there you go. Like someone deliberately watching a TV program they know will upset them and then complaining that it has upset them! My point was that my MG dealer was ignoring my requests for comment and reassurance about the emerging issues and this had pushed my confidence to a tipping point. A forum about MG ownership should surely include discussions about dealer support. Test drove an E-tech today (sshh... don't mention Renault. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!). Loved it but perhaps more importantly loved the dealer's professionalism. Impressive. I know it costs more but the £31,800 for the Trophy I ordered I think entitled me to rather better treatment and respect. Got a great discount today rather than a 'sorry but that's the price- take it or leave it. Ok maybe I'll throw in some mats' and delivery March/April. Dealer could see cars available in real time with various models and trims. Sent email to MG dealer tonight cancelling order because of their failure to provide a reasonable level of service and care.
:) Sounds like you have done the right thing. If the dealer starts off like that then they are likely to continue. There is a section on here purely for dealership feedback.

What you should have from this forum is an informed and rounded view of MG cars and dealers. The good, the bad and everything in-between to help you make an informed decision. Hope this thread was mildly entertaining at least. Anyway, glad to hear you have come to a conclusion.

Don't think you will regret your decision, see you in the speak EV Megane forum👍

2 to go👍

Ideal get one that can supply quickest use the one you like best for servicing etc.

In relation to you mentioning mobility, I obviously don't know anyone's personal circumstances, but I would imagine you are aware that although the boot is a good bit bigger than the 4 it's deep (down) rather than front to back and it has a high lip and I mean high so not the easiest for lifting anything big/heavy out.
Again not trying to presume anything just obviously something to consider
That's fine tbh my father and brother are my carers so they tend to be the ones doing any lifting. I just do the sitting haha. But thank you for mentioning that. I asked them about it and both have said it looks fine to them and not much different to their personal cars.

Wasn't Renault Va Va Voom lol

Don't think you will regret your decision, see you in the speak EV Megane forum👍

2 to go👍
1 if tomorrow's discussion and a weekend test drive goes as I expect lol

So I'm interested as to what people are actually paying for the Megane? As far as I can see the equilibre lacks adaptive cruise which I would miss so the cheapest version that does is £39495 list. Thats a fair chunk of change more than the MG4 Trophy and I'm happy to put up with the minor niggles (LKA!) for the money saved.

I am ordering the mid-range Techno model and have been quoted just over £38,000. So a lot more of course but it just felt all together a better made car with a vastly superior quality interior (lined door pockets for example) and no oil leaks or bulging undertray problems. The infotainment is Google based so very familiar and the screen definition was superb with no lagging when you swipe.. Buttons for most common features so you don't have to take your eyes off the wheel and delve into menus and sub-menus and it remembers your settings! Don't need to plug phone in for autoplay and can use google maps rather than MG version. It felt in a different league but then it's almost £7K more to be fair. Mats thrown in as standard and Type 2 to Type 2 cable included. Most of all though and why I hope this post is relevent - the dealership treated me with respect and spent a couple of hours with me to get it right. The MG dealer guy just kept saying 'anything more I can do for you today to get you to place an order?' It was like going from Aldi to Waitrose moving to Renault! Both have their place and I get thet so I do wish all MG4 drivers the best. If it hadn't been for my dealer's lack of care I would probably be sticking with my order.

So I'm interested as to what people are actually paying for the Megane? As far as I can see the equilibre lacks adaptive cruise which I would miss so the cheapest version that does is £39495 list. Thats a fair chunk of change more than the MG4 Trophy and I'm happy to put up with the minor niggles (LKA!) for the money saved.
Yes, I would agree. I’ve looked at the Megane and came to the same conclusion. I found this video it’s in German but from what I can see the LKA works remarkably well. If you watch from around 4mins 11 seconds he drives for sometime on what I would say are A/B class roads and motorways almost entirely using LKA and only takes firm control of the steering wheel when he suddenly decides to turn off onto the motorway. I personally wouldn’t recommend driving like that but it does seem to suggest a light touch and driving style are also important elements of how these systems seem to work best.
Of course he maybe say the system is rubbish as I don’t speak German.😂🤣

I am ordering the mid-range Techno model and have been quoted just over £38,000. So a lot more of course but it just felt all together a better made car with a vastly superior quality interior (lined door pockets for example) and no oil leaks or bulging undertray problems. The infotainment is Google based so very familiar and the screen definition was superb with no lagging when you swipe.. Buttons for most common features so you don't have to take your eyes off the wheel and delve into menus and sub-menus and it remembers your settings! Don't need to plug phone in for autoplay and can use google maps rather than MG version. It felt in a different league but then it's almost £7K more to be fair. Mats thrown in as standard and Type 2 to Type 2 cable included. Most of all though and why I hope this post is relevent - the dealership treated me with respect and spent a couple of hours with me to get it right. The MG dealer guy just kept saying 'anything more I can do for you today to get you to place an order?' It was like going from Aldi to Waitrose moving to Renault! Both have their place and I get thet so I do wish all MG4 drivers the best. If it hadn't been for my dealer's lack of care I would probably be sticking with my order.

Yep, I can see why you have gone down the route you have chosen. Have to say my dealership experience with MG Bristol was actually really good but I haven't had any significant problems so it was only a sales transaction. It will be interesting to see if any of the recent cars have oil leaks or the undertray problems.

For me the 7 year warranty of the MG is a plus over the Megane even if the MG dealers quality seem to vary and MG UK don't seem great either. Time will tell I guess. I think they are both great cars with the MG mainly let down by software in my experience.

Yes, I would agree. I’ve looked at the Megane and came to the same conclusion. I found this video it’s in German but from what I can see the LKA works remarkably well. If you watch from around 4mins 11 seconds he drives for sometime on what I would say are A/B class roads and motorways almost entirely using LKA and only takes firm control of the steering wheel when he suddenly decides to turn off onto the motorway. I personally wouldn’t recommend driving like that but it does seem to suggest a light touch and driving style are also important elements of how these systems seem to work best.
Of course he maybe say the system is rubbish as I don’t speak German.😂🤣

Perhaps he has more faith in the technology than I do :) ...... I've worked in IT for over 35 years so have learnt not to trust it too much!

Perhaps he has more faith in the technology than I do :) ...... I've worked in IT for over 35 years so have learnt not to trust it too much!
I’m waiting to pick my MG4 Trophy up at the beginning of March a shining Dynamic Red one. Price and warranty are major factors as well as a helpful dealer in Swansea.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back