Can't play videos.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Is the video format the same as it was on the ZS ?
I have a USB stick with some music in .mp3 format and some films on in .m4v format that played ok on my old Gen 1 ZS. On the MG4 the music plays ok but the car can't see the films it just displays "no video" on the screen.

I think I need to change the format to .mp4.
I was confused as these m4v films played ok on the ZS.

The Navi Manual says the infotainment system supports the formats: AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV. My .mov dashcam videos did not play properly but did so when converted to MP4.

Is it only the infotainment USB port that can be used for play back of movies? I've tried the USB-C port, the usb stick gets scanned but the system doesn't find the .mp4 files that are all in the root directory. There are about 5 movies on it. It could be limited to a max file size 🤔

Is it only the infotainment USB port that can be used for play back of movies? I've tried the USB-C port, the usb stick gets scanned but the system doesn't find the .mp4 files that are all in the root directory. There are about 5 movies on it. It could be limited to a max file size 🤔
It's the USB-C port that plays media files not the USB-A port.

I tried a bunch of different formats, listed them here:

Also I posted further down about the AviDemux program, which converts files pretty easily, to ones that the MG4 plays.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back