Car alarm goes off after locking car with door button

Have you left anything plugged in to the OBDII port ?
Thanks a lot, it solved my problem. I have torque pro normally connected to an obd module and sometimes i forget to exit torque pro app when i get out of my MG zs EV. Since I am double checking that i have exited the app, the alarm has not gone off again

Thanks a lot, it solved my problem. I have torque pro normally connected to an obd module and sometimes i forget to exit torque pro app when i get out of my MG zs EV. Since I am double checking that i have exited the app, the alarm has not gone off again
Great shout @Kithmo !.

Only started to happen recently. It doesn’t happen all the time so hard to replicate but I’ll lock the car using the button on the door handle and seconds later the car alarm will go off. Felt terrible after nearly giving an elderly lady a heart attack when parked in Tesco.

Anyone else experienced this?
Make sure your boots closed.

I’ve a strange problem. Twice now, when charging at a local pod-point, the car alarm has triggered after about 5-10 minutes. I do have an OBD II device from my insurance company connected and sometimes have a low 12v battery warning.
The odd thing is that when I park up at home, nothing happens! Could it be that I end up charging the 12V to the point that it doesn’t trigger the alarm when I’m home. I recently did another journey and parked twice with no problem.
Think I’ll put the battery on a maintenance charger and see if that helps.
I have my fobs both at home inside Faraday pouches and leave the backup fob at home when I got out, so it can’t be that - plus I often leave the car locked but open the boot when loading shopping.
Weird…

It's really windy and our alarm is going off day and night, what can we do, please help
Make sure all the doors and boot are shut tight. There are no motion sensors so it can only be one of the doors or the boot hatch that is moving and triggering a door/hatch sensor.

We always experience the seconds of alarming sound. Our MG ZS car is just a year. But this morning (April 23, 2024, first time that had happened), we thought it's a "fire alarm" that disturbs the whole building where we live, this disturbing sound let everyone came out from their doors where we live. We run downstairs and we found out that it's our MG ZS car. The sound only stopped when I pressed the remote control button (I even didn't remember what I pressed it was either the locked or inlock button just to stop it). We are trying to figure it out but we couldn't. We NEED your HELP on this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom