Car dead after 2 weeks, won't open

Life's too short. I don't mind charging something if I've let it go flat. I do mind buying something that will die permanently if it's not kept charged up. Especially if it's something I'm not going to use, but only want to store it away to be taken out in an emergency.

Absolutely ridiculous that M.G allow this to happen in a motor car designed in the 21st century
I owned a Hyundai Kona electric before my MG4. The Kona has a intelligent charging system on board that watch over the health of the12V battery automatically. During the winter days I could follow the state of charging while a yellow led turned on when the HV battery charged the 12V. This happened quit a lot times during the winter so. I hope my MG will not let me down this winter :)

When you're in the car, if you have the tyre pressure display selected on the RHS of the driver display, at the top you can see the 12V battery voltage ... when the HV is charging you'll see a voltage of 13.8V or higher. (I've seen 13.8V to 14.2V). When not charging you'll see 12V+ (I've seen up to 12.8V).

A decent lead acid battery should have a fully charged off load voltage of 12.8

But my car sits at 12.5 since day 1 off load. Either its iffy (surviving a 2 week idle easily) or the car isn’t accurate. Just like the wildly over reading aircon controls

But my car sits at 12.5 since day 1 off load. Either its iffy (surviving a 2 week idle easily) or the car isn’t accurate.
Any time that the car is reading the auxiliary battery voltage, it's not "off load". All sorts of computers, relays, fans, possibly pumps etc are drawing power.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back