Car dont get locked from door handle button!

EV2020

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
My car doesn't get locked when door handle button is pressed. It didn't work on both driver side and passenger side. Did anyone faced this issue?

I’ve not had it. Does it lock and unlock with the remote? Do you have the remote in close proximity to the door handle when you are trying the door handle buttons?

I’ve not had it. Does it lock and unlock with the remote? Do you have the remote in close proximity to the door handle when you are trying the door handle buttons?
yes, it locks from remote and the remote key was 5meters away from car while my wife was trying to lock the door using handle button.

Yes I've noticed you've got to be within only a metre or 2 of the car for it to work like that, I'm glad it's not any further.
I had my car stolen a long time ago because they got my car keys and then because the range for pressing the fob button was quite a long way, it was quick and easy for them to find my car in a big carpark. On my next car I managed to block the signal in the car so it didn't work so far away.

I got a signal blocker pouch btw that we always put the keys in. I tested it and when inside the car it still cannot sense it, open it slightly and it gets a signal.

@JodyS21 I've got a faraday pouches for our keys as well. They have 2 pockets one blocks one doesn't so I can just move the key from one to the other when needed and keys stay safely in my pocket or central console, cheap as chips and work brilliantly

Amazon product ASIN B07MDF5TX9

@JodyS21 I've got a faraday pouches for our keys as well. They have 2 pockets one blocks one doesn't so I can just move the key from one to the other when needed and keys stay safely in my pocket or central console, cheap as chips and work brilliantly

Amazon product ASIN B07MDF5TX9
That's the same ones I got I think!

Mine has started doing this, following my flat 12v battery. It opens with the button on the handle no problem, but doesn't lock with the button. Opens / closes with the fob button!?

This is with the fob right up to the car. It was fine before the AA jumped the car, so it seems like something has triggered it not to lock now! Is there a setting somewhere to allow it to lock with the button?

AAAH, another thread has answered my issue with not locking on the button.
The work mechanics usually hang on to the spare key fobs, but after my flat fob battery issue the spare fob was left in the drivers folder stopping me locking the car with the button and trying to alert to me that the fob was in there! I thought they had removed it when we sussed the fob battery wasn't flat.

I wondered why it kept prompting me to take the key fob when I had it with me!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom