Car keeps charging to 100%

Yorkiebarkid

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi everyone. Recently my Trophy (MY 22) keeps charging to 100%, regardless of what I set it to. It is usually charged once a week. It is set to charge at night, and I always set it to 80%, but the last 5 charges have all been to 100%. I know it needs to do this occasionally to balance the battery, but it now appears to do this all the time. I've checked the charge status both on the car and on the app to check it's at 80%, and it still charges to 100%. Has anyone else experienced this? It's worked perfectly up until very recently, and hasn't had any recent software updates which might explain the change in behaviour.

Hi everyone. Recently my Trophy (MY 22) keeps charging to 100%, regardless of what I set it to. It is usually charged once a week. It is set to charge at night, and I always set it to 80%, but the last 5 charges have all been to 100%. I know it needs to do this occasionally to balance the battery, but it now appears to do this all the time. I've checked the charge status both on the car and on the app to check it's at 80%, and it still charges to 100%. Has anyone else experienced this? It's worked perfectly up until very recently, and hasn't had any recent software updates which might explain the change in behaviour.

Have you checked to see what the car and app settings are ?

Yes, both set to 80%. The car does sometime reset to 100% (forgetting previous preference), so I always check this before plugging in.
My car fairly often resets to 100% sometime after plugging in. I usually schedule the charge with the target set to 80%. If I check the target % after the charge has started (this is becoming a habit after my night time visit to the bathroom!), I often find that the target has changed from 80% to 100%. When this happens, I use the app to set it back to 80% and then the car stops charging at 80%.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back