• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Carlinkit 4.0 on ZS EV Mk2

harinish

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else tried to used the dongle Carlinkiit 4.0 for wireless android auto and apple carplay on ZS EV mk2

Tried it on mine. While apple carplay works fine, android auto doesn't work. Dongle is linked to my pixel phone but when I try to connect to android auto on the car, it asks me to connect using a cable which defeats the purpose. Seems to me like more of an issue with the processor on the car not able to handle this connection.
2C7D0EAF-C2BD-4F38-B5A8-233D339597F6.jpeg

I use it with my apple phone (14) everything bar the music works fine. Problem with music is when I select play icon on screen it makes a plink noise and will not play (same if I select play on phone). Scrolling through the different sources (bt, radio, iplay) eventually gets it to work, but it is annoying.

Agree, have to fiddle with music sometimes to make it work. Did you try android auto on urs ? I have asked carlinkit support and they sent me a software update to download.. Will check if that makes a difference.

I have one using android and I would say don't bother . It's laggy as hell ,plays music when it feels like it mostly it doesn't feel like it 😃 stick to wired a much better experience.

I have the CPC200-Tbox mini. I can confirm wireless android auto works great, it allows you download apps like Netflix and YouTube also. It doesn't lag unless you changed the WiFi setting to 5ghz. However small glitches happen like when you use Google map on the tbox mini and play music simultaneously, the sound output could became bad quality as it starts using the phone calling audio instead of music audio. However they can all be rectified with a restart of the unit. Initial loading time a bit slow also. Maybe like 20secs, but all in all it works fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom