• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Carplay and Android Auto not available in my country version

Sagielder

Novice Member
Reaction score
I live in Bangkok.
Like the title says, I recently went to a dealership to look at the ZS EV and found out that both carplay and android auto are not available. I asked if there would be a future update with those features and they couldnt give me an answer. It's really weird because the screen and all are pretty much the same with other regions version which has those features and the problem, I think, is with the software. I dont really count on them to add it in the future knowing how things work here in Thailand.

If possible is there a way for me to install a European version in my car because I most likely won't be using the built-in nav system anyway. Would really love to have the ZS EV as my daily drive, but this one thing keeps bugging me.

I havent bought the car yet, thanks.

Not sure if it's a car thing, or a phone software thing.
We recently got android auto in Norway, because Google just didn't bother bringing it out worldwide at launch. Apple I don't do, so don't know if that is the same as Google.

Not sure if it's a car thing, or a phone software thing.
We recently got android auto in Norway, because Google just didn't bother bringing it out worldwide at launch. Apple I don't do, so don't know if that is the same as Google.
Dont think its a phone thing bec i have android auto pre-installed on my phone. From what I know there are cars with android auto on the road here right now so probrably a car thing.

Funny thing is MG HS here has android auto so I dont know what MG Thailand is thinking.

I wonder if it was a trade of for i-Smart software, as you guys in Thailand have a much more EV friendly infotainment system, with actual information about what is happening with the car battery plus the app. Here in Europe we got a little bit of information retrofitted to our dash, but the infotainment is basically the same that runs in the fossil ZS and HS, with no bespoke EV screens.

MG giveth with one hand and taketh with the other I'm afraid.

I wonder if it was a trade of for i-Smart software, as you guys in Thailand have a much more EV friendly infotainment system, with actual information about what is happening with the car battery plus the app. Here in Europe we got a little bit of information retrofitted to our dash, but the infotainment is basically the same that runs in the fossil ZS and HS, with no bespoke EV screens.

MG giveth with one hand and taketh with the other I'm afraid.
That sucks. I would like to have android auto over the i-smart thingy.

I've no idea if it would work, but could you install a VPN on the phone and set it to a European country before running Android Auto?

I've no idea if it would work, but could you install a VPN on the phone and set it to a European country before running Android Auto?
Dont think it would work. The car just doesnt have android auto on it, my phone does.

Ah, I see. I thought it was a case of the car's Android Auto not working with a phone from Thailand. That's not good for you guys then.

I live in Bangkok.
Like the title says, I recently went to a dealership to look at the ZS EV and found out that both carplay and android auto are not available. I asked if there would be a future update with those features and they couldnt give me an answer. It's really weird because the screen and all are pretty much the same with other regions version which has those features and the problem, I think, is with the software. I dont really count on them to add it in the future knowing how things work here in Thailand.

If possible is there a way for me to install a European version in my car because I most likely won't be using the built-in nav system anyway. Would really love to have the ZS EV as my daily drive, but this one thing keeps bugging me.

Actually I bough the MG ZS EV with the firm impression that it will get the same as MG ZS and never thought it could be any different.... This is a huge disapointment and on top of that, their MG connect is not compatible with Android 10.
I have car 8 years old that works fine and the MG ZS EV software is just horrible, like being written by kindengarden kids. Not to mention all the other faults with radio blasting anytime you start the car, bluetooth dropping, not keeping your last setting in memory, USB not capable at reading anything on your phone, music, pic,anything... USB sign not even appearing....car honking at you it the passager come out of the car before you... So many issues, really not accpetable, horrible. No one is capable to tell me if any software upgrade will be available soon and it seems all those issues are here for long time but most have been corrected on other countries version. I am getting so anoyed by the radio blasting that I am seriously considering unpluging all the speakers. The software is the worst anyone could imagine nowaday. Stay away from it unless they do something about it. It;s a petty and it completely ruin the experience that, appart from all of this, would be great

The comfort 2 update will clear most of your issues, you haven’t had this applied have you?

Seems like Russian Roulette depending on location. Not having remote apps in UK is poor show and I don’t accept GDPR / national domain as an excuse.

That sucks. I would like to have android auto over the i-smart thingy.
The i-smart should re renamed i-stupid, really. The system is soo poorly written it seems it was imagine by a 3rd grade student. Not only it is absolutely useless, but really anoying

I guess you guys may have already seen these but this Youtuber has done several videos on the MGZS in Thailand

Actually I bough the MG ZS EV with the firm impression that it will get the same as MG ZS and never thought it could be any different.... This is a huge disapointment and on top of that, their MG connect is not compatible with Android 10.
I have car 8 years old that works fine and the MG ZS EV software is just horrible, like being written by kindengarden kids. Not to mention all the other faults with radio blasting anytime you start the car, bluetooth dropping, not keeping your last setting in memory, USB not capable at reading anything on your phone, music, pic,anything... USB sign not even appearing....car honking at you it the passager come out of the car before you... So many issues, really not accpetable, horrible. No one is capable to tell me if any software upgrade will be available soon and it seems all those issues are here for long time but most have been corrected on other countries version. I am getting so anoyed by the radio blasting that I am seriously considering unpluging all the speakers. The software is the worst anyone could imagine nowaday. Stay away from it unless they do something about it. It;s a petty and it completely ruin the experience that, appart from all of this, would be great
C2U needs to be applied to fix these issues, Bjørn Nyland explains some improvements of this update here:

Last edited:
Android Auto - I do not have support in my region either but downloaded and installed the APK here:
Beware of the ads but the downloads seem reliable.

I live in Bangkok.

See post above

Just bought an MG EP in Thailand 4 days ago and Android Auto works just fine on my car.

ZS is the nicer, more expensive vehicle, I cannot see why it would not work.

Both phones tested in my car were purchased in Thailand... Girlfriend's is a new Samsung Galaxy and mine an older Moto X4. Her's shows up with Thai language on the car's touchscreen and mine shows up as English. She is on Android 10 and it's natively supported in the OS, mine is on 9 and I had to download the Android Auto App.

No i-'stupid' on the MG EP. Maybe this is the reason?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom