CarPlay - is it wireless on MG4?

I’m getting my car on Friday and I’m going to order a black usb a to lightning cable for my iPhone CarPlay. I don’t want too much slack (obsessive over cable management) can anyone who has their car tell me the length cable I would need to get a neat job done?

Is it just me? If anyone posts an Amazon link the forum butchers it for a "media" link which I cannot see. (This applies here at work and at home - Chrome browser with uBlock extension). Anyone else get that issue?

B0B9GP59NT is the actual link, which I can deduce if I quote-reply to the above post.

Edit: if I disable uBlock for this site I can see the links.

Is it just me? If anyone posts an Amazon link the forum butchers it for a "media" link which I cannot see. (This applies here at work and at home - Chrome browser with uBlock extension). Anyone else get that issue?

B0B9GP59NT is the actual link, which I can deduce if I quote-reply to the above post.

Edit: if I disable uBlock for this site I can see the links.
The link from post #24 displays normally and works as expected for me. Maybe try with your ad block disabled (might have to clear browser cache after disabling)

I’m getting my car on Friday and I’m going to order a black usb a to lightning cable for my iPhone CarPlay. I don’t want too much slack (obsessive over cable management) can anyone who has their car tell me the length cable I would need to get a neat job done?
If you connect on cable you have to use the usb-a for carplay/android auto, the usb-c socket won't work for this.
Edit, sorry that's exactly what you said anyway misread and posted to fast 🤦

If you connect on cable you have to use the usb-a for carplay/android auto, the usb-c socket won't work for this.
Edit, sorry that's exactly what you said anyway misread and posted to fast 🤦
Happens to the best of us. See post #28 😂

The cable I linked fits nicely. It also holds the phone to the right side of the pad which should limit sliding. The phone won’t wirelessly charge when plugged in and CarPlay is fast to come on.

Attachments

• 7EE39CB6-D52B-49D3-A9B1-8C9A27738F3E.jpeg
    7EE39CB6-D52B-49D3-A9B1-8C9A27738F3E.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 091D9E0E-E9F8-4660-8316-E1466F07EF2C.jpeg
    091D9E0E-E9F8-4660-8316-E1466F07EF2C.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 172
Oh, probably worth mentioning that if you have a plus size phone you might want a bit more slack to let the cable loop back on itself or the phone won’t sit flat on the pad. Tested with iPhone 13 standard size.

Oh, probably worth mentioning that if you have a plus size phone you might want a bit more slack to let the cable loop back on itself or the phone won’t sit flat on the pad. Tested with iPhone 13 standard size.
Is there enough room for a cable with a right angle connector? I have some of these already, but I haven’t been able to tell from the pictures how easily it is to push through the slot and whether it would only take a straight cable?

Is there enough room for a cable with a right angle connector? I have some of these already, but I haven’t been able to tell from the pictures how easily it is to push through the slot and whether it would only take a straight cable?
There’s probably enough room to get the usb b connector down from the top.

The cable I linked fits nicely. It also holds the phone to the right side of the pad which should limit sliding. The phone won’t wirelessly charge when plugged in and CarPlay is fast to come on.

Thank you for these pictures! Is the rubber mat covering the Qi charger removeable? And if so, can you please post a picture of what's look like underneath when it's off?

Attachments

• mg4-rubber-mat.jpg
    mg4-rubber-mat.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 142
Yes, I purchased one and it went through. Then found out I had bought a “not car play compatible” cable. Give me strength.

Any MFI certified Lightning to USB cable should work. Someone even reported elsewhere that his original white Apple cable didn't work but a Chinese one did!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back