CarPlay

KalEl

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
CarPlay screen goes black sometimes. If you touch the screen it recognises the presses so if you hit the right spot it skips track etc.
Pressing home and then back into CarPlay sometimes fixes it other times it doesn’t. Anyone know a perm fix or is it another thing to add the the dealer hit list?

Not wanting to gate-crash your thread…..but I’ve got a similar issue with Apple CarPlay and had it for some time.

First through it was the wireless Carlinkit 5.0 device, so stopped using that. But even with my iPhone 14 Pro Max hard wired into the car’s USB port it still didn’t. Work. I unpaired Apple Car Play with the car & iPhone and then repaired. I could see my phone was paired with the car, but only for one second and then it dropped off (unpaired). So then i powered down my iPhone, switched it back on, plugged the USB cable back into the car, and hey presto it worked and i was able to listen to music, However, when i next got in my car (approx 3hrs later) i had the exact same problem, and had to power down my iPhone then switch it back on to get Car Play to car.

Can’t keep doing this everytime i get in my car !!

I can only assume it is a glitch with the IOS software (im running latest version).

Can’t keep doing this everytime i get in my car !!

I can only assume it is a glitch with the IOS software (im running latest version).
I gave up with this and brought a Google Pixel because I could not keep my iPhone connected.

I have the same issue with R40, just assumed it was part of the SAIC ropey software the car has. Usually find pressing the home button and going back into CarPlay forces a screen refresh.

Always happens when you are using phone satnav app and need to know the next turn which is due in 500 metres

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back