CCS charging problems since software update

tony powell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had my 2022 MG ZS EV Long range serviced and software updated a few weeks ago. Have been charging the car since then at home with no issues. I am now on a 4000 km road trip. Yesterday had problems CCS charging at a Mobive, then a Tesla charger. Subsequent Freshmile charger worked . In Spain, the Zunder failed to charge with a ‘communication error’. This is doubly weird as the car is registered with Zunder for plug & charge. Tried another charger in a supermarket that worked fine. Zunder had this to say -

we have checked your incident and we see that you have not been able to start charging due to a start protocol error, this is what the charger tells us ("StopReason:VehicleProtocolError" ) this usually happens when you have an open door or a window of the vehicle; IMPORTANT: the starting process would be as follows, first start charging from the app and the last thing would be to connect the vehicle, the chargers are fine because an hour later there was another user charging in Lasarte, inform you that for future incidents you can call us at the customer service number 979 300 500where we will try to solve your doubts.

Anybody else had the same problem?

Most chargers require you to authorise first with the app or card, then connect the charger to the car. However there is the odd one that requires you to connect the car first then authorise with the card or app, best to read the instructions on the charger to see the procedure needed to start the charge.

Well, I tried again at Hotel Tudanca with a Zunder 200 kWh charger, emptied the car, closed all the doors, plugged in the charger (it is plug and charge) and within 4 seconds it started charging . A few seconds later, I got a message on my Apple Watch that it had started charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom