Centre cup holder add on

Fireman frog

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Afternoon all,

Given the strange position of the cup holders, has anyone found an insert for the storage area to give you two additional (useable) cup holders for the front of the car?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks

I've been looking for an excuse to buy a 3D printer... This could be perfect. I don't know much about them though so will have to do some research. Thanks all
A different forum, but I wanted one for ages, then used the pandemic as an excuse to get one to keep me occupied during lockdown. Suggest you do some research, watrch some YouTube videos before you dive in as it can be a steep learning curve. The latest printers are making it easier, and more mainstream, a bit like the latest EVs.

I like the phone bumper . I currently use some non slip matting that funeral directors put on the top of coffins to stop the flowers sliding off. Works a treat.

There are some generic additional car cupholders on Amazon/AliExpress but I don't know how well they would stick down inside the slide covered area.

Maybe a 3d printed frame around one of these products to make them better fit inside could work.

I've been busy with Fusion 360 this morning while waiting for my daughters at Orchestra practice.

Front cubby cup holder. Only a rendering at the moment as I've not converted into an STL file for printing.
MG_Front_Cubby_Cup_Holder.jpg

Two cup holders, plus a cubby at front, and slots for holding phones.

I've been busy with Fusion 360 this morning while waiting for my daughters at Orchestra practice.

Front cubby cup holder. Only a rendering at the moment as I've not converted into an STL file for printing. View attachment 24305
Two cup holders, plus a cubby at front, and slots for holding phones.
Is it still possible to close the cover?

The Thingverse listing says you can ... obviously not with cups or phones in place though.
Correct, I made it so the cover can be closed when not in use.

Any chance of getting the F360 file, or if you could make a variant without the bucket at the front?

Just a little large for my printer thats all.
If I deleted the small cubby at the front, then there is nothing to stop the cup holder from sliding forward when braking.

Prusaslicer allows you to chop a model into parts to print in sections. It'll even add pegs to the sections to align them afterwards.

The other way to do it, would be to move the cup holder and phone slots forward to fill in the small cubby at the front, and then delete the rear third. That would hold in place as the taper narrows towards the rear.

If I deleted the small cubby at the front, then there is nothing to stop the cup holder from sliding forward when braking.

Prusaslicer allows you to chop a model into parts to print in sections. It'll even add pegs to the sections to align them afterwards.
Didn't realise prusaslicer let me do that -- never had to cut a model before -- good to know.
The other way to do it, would be to move the cup holder and phone slots forward to fill in the small cubby at the front, and then delete the rear third. That would hold in place as the taper narrows towards the rear.
Yeah, I was thinking something like that but couldn't think of a decent way to do that in-slicer and retain the (mostly proper) geometry.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back