Changing Mileage for PCP

defeatedbythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've got a MG5 coming in October and have signed the PCP agreement for 8k miles a year. However I have a feeling that this might be a little tight once my wife starts using the car for work. About 300 mile a year margin of error.

Am I in a position to change the PCP agreement before delivery?

Or could I change it during if it seemed like we would go over?

I believe this is an option with some dealers, but I've no experience of MG.

Just pay the excess mileage at the end of the agreement if you hand the car back, it works out exactly the same. If you part exchange or buy the car the mileage won't really affect the deal.

I did the maths and the difference in bubble payment at the end between an 8k and 10k pcp was exactly 2000 x excess mileage charge. There isn’t an under mileage change to the guaranteed final value, so you’re better off just going for the lowest. If you were that worried about it, work out the difference in monthly payments between the two and direct debit it in to a savings account.

I did the maths and the difference in bubble payment at the end between an 8k and 10k pcp was exactly 2000 x excess mileage charge. There isn’t an under mileage change to the guaranteed final value, so you’re better off just going for the lowest. If you were that worried about it, work out the difference in monthly payments between the two and direct debit it in to a savings account.
Now excuse me if my maths is absolute shite here, but at 14.9p per mile excess (lets call it 15p)

2000 * 0.15 = £300 that right?

If so then yeah I am not gonna worry about it 🙃

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom