Charge port lights

kin

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Guys I remember the very first time when I charge my MG4. There was charge port lights lit up, only recently I realised it hasn’t been on since that first charge, not that I’m too concern about the light, but I’d still like to know how do I turn them lights back on again?
Appreciate if anyone could give me instructions to turn the charge port lights on again?

The Search 🔍 button is your friend…

The Search 🔍 button is your friend…

What’s the point of a forum if members just replied using search function?
It’ll be easier if you just tell me, I always reply with an answer even if the question was asked a hundred times before.

I put in “charge port light” in the search and it gave me 4 pages worth and none of them really answer my question.
Maybe if you’re kind enough to give me any key words to search for?

Charging port.

The point is that the information may already be out there, and no one wants the same post several times over.

Sorry if you misinterpreted my original intentions, I was merely pointing out a useful function of the forum. I had even taken the trouble to locate it and post it for you, but hey-ho

Charging port.

The point is that the information may already be out there, and no one wants the same post several times over.

Sorry if you misinterpreted my original intentions, I was merely pointing out a useful function of the forum. I had even taken the trouble to locate it and post it for you, but hey-ho
Oh crap! A hundred apologies!! I was probably still half asleep, I thought you were quoting my post.

No worries at all…easy mistake to make! Hopefully you get the issue sorted.
No luck I’m afraid, probably the fuse?
I was hoping it might be somewhere in the menu where I could turn it on or off, but I’m going to leave it now until it’s first service.

No luck I’m afraid, probably the fuse?
I was hoping it might be somewhere in the menu where I could turn it on or off, but I’m going to leave it now until it’s first service.
On the thread I linked the fuse is mentioned, and some have even given it a scrape to remove oxidation which sorted it. Probably worth a go as it should be an easy fix

On the thread I linked the fuse is mentioned, and some have even given it a scrape to remove oxidation which sorted it. Probably worth a go as it should be an easy fix
I read the post, I think he said it was quite stiff to remove the fuse, I’ll probably break it knowing how clumsy I could be, I’m leaving it till service and let them sort it under warranty. 😂

I thought mine had stopped working then realised it indicates the level of charge in the battery 🤦 So if the recharge below 25% there won't be any on, and if you charge above 50% there will be 2 of the 4 on etc.

That doesn't quite compute ... that would mean the 4th light will only be on when you're fully charged to 100%, and as soon as you use some of the charge (e.g. down to 95%) then only 3 lights would show. That's not the case - at least not with mine. In my case (from what I can deduce):

0-25% = 1 light
25-50% = 2 lights
50-75% = 3 lights
75-100% = 4 lights

Edit: just been and checked ... my SoC is 92% and I have 4 lights on in the charge port.

That doesn't quite compute ... that would mean the 4th light will only be on when you're fully charged to 100%, and as soon as you use some of the charge (e.g. down to 95%) then only 3 lights would show. That's not the case - at least not with mine. In my case (from what I can deduce):

0-25% = 1 light
25-50% = 2 lights
50-75% = 3 lights
75-100% = 4 lights

Edit: just been and checked ... my SoC is 92% and I have 4 lights on in the charge port.
That makes sense, when I plugged in at home last weekend, with 53%, 3 lights were lit, when I finished at 80% all 4 were lit.

a) it gives a visual clue as to the SoC, especially whilst charging. (e.g. if you're at 80% then the 4th light will be flashing whilst charging)

b) it provides some lighting in the charge port area ;)

They are a good indicator for me as I have solar, exported energy charges the car if the export is sufficient (1.4 kw/h and above), so when it does I can see one segment on the car pulsating green. In this lovely English weather, as the sun plays 'peek a boo' with clouds, it is a useful way to monitor. So when the lights go out, or blue, due to the export being too low for the car, I ensure I then export into my house battery.
Waste not want not :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel