Charge Port Over Temperature

I've amalgamated here what has now become four threads all posting on the same subject!
This one may look a little mixed up as a result.
You're doing the Lord's work - I wish I'd been born with that degree of patience :ROFLMAO:

I got that message the other day too, for the first time. I checked the car and there was no problem. I have iSmart version 1.0.1 (Australia), which seems to be the latest version for this part of the world (dated 16 June 2022).

Had to log into the app this morning which usually means it has been updated - no errors or battery heater function.

Checked version and it is still 1.1.6 so hasn't been updated.

Let me know when the bug has been fixed please !!!

Hopefully it won't automatically update before then

Has anybody had a warning on their app on charging managment of high temp in red.
Ive just plugged in its 8 degree outside raining. Screenshot_20221117_112851_MG iSMART.jpg

Was checking the charge on the app last night when these two red text warning came up. I toke it off charge then put it bk on this morning and they are still there charging or not. Anyone else having this come up.

No warning on the car itself
Screenshot_20221117-071515.png

Hi,

My car charged fine last night. I'm thinking it's likely one of a few new features MG are introducing, but they depend on the car itself having a newer level of software to work properly.

I have reported the issue via email to the developer. My car is in for some work beginning of December, I will ask the dealer then.

Good news things are moving on and everything still works.

Charged overnight as per usual. When I checked my mg app to see if it was done I clicked on battery management section to see a red message saying Charger port overheating. See photo. Anyone else had this before?
Yes I've got it right now.

Yes, I unfortunately updated this morning. Same issue and also it's stuck in Kilometres!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-180406_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-180406_MG iSMART.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 78
Has anyone with this overheat issue noticed the battery indicator in the car not being accurate?

Drove twice, maybe 10 miles total. Battery only went down 1%.

Hi, I'm sure it's a bug in the app.
I have same problem with app and also car does not charging either. Charging port overheating message appears in app all the times. I tried to charge with slow and fast chargers but does not charge at all.

Last edited:
Personally, I have never witnessed this warning myself sorry.
Did this happen while attempting, or after receiving a charge or has the warning ⚠️ just suddenly appeared for no apparent reason ?.
If so, it could just be a rouge software glitch, not that uncommon.
Have you attempted to carry out a charge since receiving this warning ?.
I taken it you done another car health scan with the App.
When you put the car in READY mode, does it flag up any warnings on the dash panel at all ?.
If the car does have a fault, the car will flag up I am pretty sure !.
Thank you, I'm having the same on screen on android app

I'm having the same message on the iSmart app (on android). It started after the app updated on the phone. I checked several times while charging and the car accepted a full charge with no issues. I'm assuming the problem is with the updated app and not the car.

I reckon when they were testing the update, they forced the app to think there was an overheating issue to see how it would display the error and forgot to undo the force when they were finished. Before this, I didn't know this could be an issue... now I'm wondering if the port is overheating but I don't know because the alert is stuck on (although I imagine if there was a real issue the app would make noise too)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom