Charge to 80% question. Via ismart or Zappi

ke201ga

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I don't know if this a thread or not. But I need to ask

I use my Zappi on eco++ mode and boost between 12.30am and 4.30am to charge my car. I set 80% in the ismart app. But when I check car in morning it's at 100%?

So I tried to schedule a charge via the app. I changed Zappi to FAST mode, set app to 80% and set times in app 12.30-4.30 and saved. Plugged in to car and the car said it was scheduled on dash, then Zappi started to charge immediately at 7kw?? So I stopped because I don't want to charge in peak hours.

Help, what am I doing wrong??

Is your car a LR or SR? if SR then you cannot set % as it is deemed better for that battery if always 100% and you cannot overide this. If LR I would suspect you did not set the 80% correctly in the app (I always double check as it sometimes reverts to previous setting).

I don't know if this a thread or not. But I need to ask

I use my Zappi on eco++ mode and boost between 12.30am and 4.30am to charge my car. I set 80% in the ismart app. But when I check car in morning it's at 100%?

So I tried to schedule a charge via the app. I changed Zappi to FAST mode, set app to 80% and set times in app 12.30-4.30 and saved. Plugged in to car and the car said it was scheduled on dash, then Zappi started to charge immediately at 7kw?? So I stopped because I don't want to charge in peak hours.

Help, what am I doing wrong??

I'm experiencing similar issues (albeit just trying to find the best way to get it to do a scheduled charge!).
In case related, I did notice this morning that there is a recent firmware update released for the Zappi. I've just applied it and will try and schedule again tonight, but just mentioning it in case it has any bearing for your case also.

did you set the time as 00.30 - 4.30 (assume its 24hr clock )
Correct

Is your car a LR or SR? if SR then you cannot set % as it is deemed better for that battery if always 100% and you cannot overide this. If LR I would suspect you did not set the 80% correctly in the app (I always double check as it sometimes reverts to previous setting).
Oh. Really? Mines an SR. You may have answered my question then. He he. Many thanks

I've had a Trophy since September, and charge with a Zappi. The Zappi opens a 4 hour charge window 01:00-05:00 and the car is set to 80% max charge. This has worked fine most of the time.

However there is a problem. Each time the i-smart app updates, when you use it, it seems to reset the max charge to 100%. And you only notice when you get back in the car the following morning

As I dont get a notification when the app updates, I've reduced the charging window down to 3 hours to try and avoid going above 80%

I have an issue with the Zappi v2 (with built in hub), that it does not stop charging at 04:30 as I have set and keeps going until the car is either full or reaches the threshold I have set.

Also I have never got the I-smart app charge level to work, always have to set it in the car.

I do have an ongoing support ticket with myenergi, just waiting to have a low enough charge to test if the update works.

I've had a Trophy since September, and charge with a Zappi. The Zappi opens a 4 hour charge window 01:00-05:00 and the car is set to 80% max charge. This has worked fine most of the time.

However there is a problem. Each time the i-smart app updates, when you use it, it seems to reset the max charge to 100%. And you only notice when you get back in the car the following morning

As I dont get a notification when the app updates, I've reduced the charging window down to 3 hours to try and avoid going above 80%
Hi Al

Just wondering why you are concerned about occasionally charging to 100%? I thought it wasnt really a problem, in fact desirable to balance battery?

That's a problem if you're trying to charge during low rate hours, if this scenario causes charging to happen outside those hours.

But yes, an occasional charge to 100% to allow the BMS to balance is recommended ... monthly for the LR variants, weekly for the SR variant.

Hi Al

Just wondering why you are concerned about occasionally charging to 100%? I thought it wasnt really a problem, in fact desirable to balance battery?
Hi. no not too bothered. But it would be nice if I was in control. This morning was at 94%, and only failed to get to 100% cause the zappi timed window closed

I managed to find this in the manual if that helps:

When using the vehicle on a daily basis, it is recommended to fully charge it at least once a week, which is conducive to the health maintenance of the high-voltage battery pack; every 3 months to half a year, a low-power (less than 10% or 1 grid) full charged is performed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 515 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back