Charged to 100% for a long(ish) trip

I've seen 3.5 miles/kWh at motorway speeds (i.e 70mph) at this time of year.

Although working it out based on 3.3 miles/kWh gives a bit of broken charger wiggle room.

Saw as low as 2.5 miles/kWh in the winter though at similar speeds, admittedly during storm Franklin though.
Thanks - useful info.

Part 1 of todays visits complete :)

View attachment 10020

With that sort of consumption I don’t see this being a problem :)
Excellent result Michael !.
Weather conditions where about as good as they get, careful driving skills and the efficiency & average speed reflects this.
I have witnessed 5.2 M/kwh in my car on a couple of occasions, the norm is around 4.3 / 4.5 M/kwh.
Happy with that to be honest.
You have 249 miles of predicted range left, from your 290 miles that you started with and covered 52.8 miles of actual distance.
Interesting to see what would happen to the 249 miles of predicted range remaining, IF you pressed the reset button for your accumulated trip ( My gut reaction thinks it would slip below 50 miles myself ).
I am also a "Normal" driving mode man myself, never bother with Eco or Sport.
They are both available with applying more or less pressure on the "GO" pedal anyway.
I drive carefully because I am in NO great hurry to wait ANOTHER 12 months for a replacement car if mine is involved in an accident !.
Today we where travelling at 38 Mph in a 40 Mph limit, when an aggressive driver came speeding up behind us.
If he was any closer, he would have been inside of my boot !.
He made an over take ( and exceeded the speed limit of course ) then made a gesture with his hand through the window, that suggested he thought I was travelling too slowly 🤷‍♂️ !.
A mile down the road, he was held up at a set of traffic lights ?.
These are the type of drivers that you are up against.
If he wants to damage his car and risking harm to himself and his passengers, that is fine by me.
But its the innocent careful drivers that always come off the worst.
Look forward to seeing Part 2 of your trip.

Excellent result Michael !.
Weather conditions where about as good as they get, careful driving skills and the efficiency & average speed reflects this.
I have witnessed 5.2 M/kwh in my car on a couple of occasions, the norm is around 4.3 / 4.5 M/kwh.
Happy with that to be honest.
You have 249 miles of predicted range left, from your 290 miles that you started with and covered 52.8 miles of actual distance.
Interesting to see what would happen to the 249 miles of predicted range remaining, IF you pressed the reset button for your accumulated trip ( My gut reaction thinks it would slip below 50 miles myself ).
I am also a "Normal" driving mode man myself, never bother with Eco or Sport.
They are both available with applying more or less pressure on the "GO" pedal anyway.
I drive carefully because I am in NO great hurry to wait ANOTHER 12 months for a replacement car if mine is involved in an accident !.
Today we where travelling at 38 Mph in a 40 Mph limit, when an aggressive driver came speeding up behind us.
If he was any closer, he would have been inside of my boot !.
He made an over take ( and exceeded the speed limit of course ) then made a gesture with his hand through the window, that suggested he thought I was travelling too slowly 🤷‍♂️ !.
A mile down the road, he was held up at a set of traffic lights ?.
These are the type of drivers that you are up against.
If he wants to damage his car and risking harm to himself and his passengers, that is fine by me.
But its the innocent careful drivers that always come off the worst.
Look forward to seeing Part 2 of your trip.
Oh dear..... Meanwhile in a far corner of Scroteby services, a dimly lit bev makes repeated clunking noises whilst awaiting the boys in yellow ?

Or they stopped for a "slap up" meal at a little chef & clean lost track of time....🤔

Well, back home :)

Totally uneventful day - apart from a closed road that caused me to divert a bit. Meant my trip was actually a bit shorter than anticipated.

226 miles driven with 30% battery remaining :)

I am completely happy that I have purchased the right car. It drives really well and has absolutely no issues with achieving and bettering the advertised range.

The fact that I had previously driven to Inverness and back, a total of 1040 miles, also with no surprises or issues, confirms my satisfaction with the MG ZS EV TC LR.

I hope all who are awaiting delivery of their car can hold on to the order and also realise what a great car it is for the price being paid.

E55081D7-FC47-42D9-8525-F69059CF6728.jpeg

C09E5E35-17D9-4022-83D2-8EFD1D63784B.jpeg

And this morning charged back to the normal 80%

View attachment 10048
I charge my LR to 80% SOC exclusively, unless we are about to make a long journey.
I charged up last night, from about 35% back up to 80% SOC.
This morning the App predicted a range of 233 miles.
The car has based this inflated prediction, because yesterday we made a trip in good conditions, with steady driving.
I had forgotten to reset the accumulative trip recorder before placing the car on charge.
As I have carried out this charging cycle many times before, I know that with the trip reset, prior to charging the car will predict a range of 212 miles at 80% SOC.
If I boot up the car now and reset the accumulative trip, it will instantly readjust that prediction to what I consider to be a closer base line figure.
Of course these figures are merely a “Crystal Ball” figure displayed by the GOM.
Seen as to what the car SHOULD return.
Rough rule of thumb, treat the predicted range on a 1 to 1 basis of actual miles covered.
If ( and you should achieve more ) then this can be seen as a healthy bonus.
Here I my predicted range this morning, without the accumulative trip reset.

IMG_7526.jpg

Last edited:
38mph is bloody good considering the plethora of f****** speed restrictions nowadays!
We are in one of the trial area's for the mandatory 20 Mph speed limits trough towns in Wales.
The local council has been flooded with complaints by the public and business apparently !.
Strange as our local primary school is still using a 30 Mph speed limit ?.
Go figure that one !.

We are in one of the trial area's for the mandatory 20 Mph speed limits trough towns in Wales.
The local council has been flooded with complaints by the public and business apparently !.
Strange as our local primary school is still using a 30 Mph speed limit ?.
Go figure that one !.
According to what I've heard ALL built up areas will be 20 mph throughout the country. Congestion charges for all vehicles will apply, in major towns so so much for your 'green' electric vehicle credentials. Watch as England follows suit! Have a look at Stuart Fillingham's latest u-tube video. As an ex copper and a blunt talking Yorkshireman he gives you the unvarnished facts.

According to what I've heard ALL built up areas will be 20 mph throughout the country. Congestion charges for all vehicles will apply, in major towns so so much for your 'green' electric vehicle credentials. Watch as England follows suit! Have a look at Stuart Fillingham's latest u-tube video. As an ex copper and a blunt talking Yorkshireman he gives you the unvarnished facts.
It looks like one area in Wales is about to take a U-turn on the 20 Mph policy !.
Another complete waste of public money !.
We have hospital waiting lists that long, that people are dying unnecessary and we are still wasting money on this crap !.

It looks like one area in Wales is about to take a U-turn on the 20 Mph policy !.
We have hospital waiting lists that long, that people are dying unnecessary and we are still wasting money on this crap !.

It is generally accepted that reducing speed limits from 30mph to 20mph results in more than 20% fewer casualties. Crap idea?

Amazing how money can be found for non essentials. How much is HS2 eventually going to cost?

It is generally accepted that reducing speed limits from 30mph to 20mph results in more than 20% fewer casualties. Crap idea?
No it is not generally accepted, some areas have seen a rise in accidents where implemented, and in any case a 'one size fits all' smacks of lazy thinking not scientific benefit.

I support this type of initiative in areas like schools and heavy populated areas.
But what annoys me is when they shoot the money canon and spend all of this money on replacing all on the speed signage and even go to the bother of burning the speed limit into the tarmac, then after 6 months are talking about remove it all and replacing it !.
What a complete waste of public money.

Is it true they can't enforce 20mph limits if it's only written on the road and not signposted ?

No it is not generally accepted, some areas have seen a rise in accidents where implemented, and in any case a 'one size fits all' smacks of lazy thinking not scientific benefit.

It is generally accepted that 20mph speed zones reduce injuries and accidents. There will always be outliers. One size fits all says everything should be 70mph?

The problem is, up to 80% of drivers ignore the 20mph limit, with many still exceeding 30mph when in a 20mph zone.

It is an education and understanding issue.

Same with drivers and cyclists - but that’s for another day :)

I'm all for limits where appropriate, indeed there are times when a posted limited can be too high for the prevailing conditions, after all these are the maximums set, not necessarily a goal to reach. What I object to are arbitrary speeds with no reason. We have all seen, I'm sure, a nationwide reduction in limits for no apparent reason, in fact this phenomenon appears to be Word Wide, so what's going on???

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom