Charger Port Lights Not Working

Jenks

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have only charged my car a couple of times since getting it, and both times the four lights around the charging port have been on, white when opening the cover and green when charging. However, today, when I opened the cover to charge only two lights, came on and only two remained on whilst charging.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

The car is booked in with the dealer next week for them to look at a number of glitches, another one to add to the list. 😁

IMG_20221215_195542_HDR.jpg

Yep each light is 25% of you battery. When it’s full all are on when it’s empty all are off.

Leave it on charge a bit and the third one will come on.
Thanks meicd. I was sure that previously all four lights had been on and white when I opened the flap previously to charge.

The charge is not above 50% yet, when it is I will check the lights.

green = good, it should work - I've had,

green = good = charging,
blue = connected, but not charging,
light blue = default unplugged mode, and
light orange = V2L cable connected, but requested charge (=wrong cable?)
black = sleep mode = will charge as external source requests (eg overnight)

If I could get a smart meter fitted, I would schedule my charging, but unfortunately, when I tried they could not fit it in the space available.
I had similar challenges, but did find that after getting through to the "right" department, everything got solved (eventually after 6 months - I had around 8 visits from different "technitions"- it was silly as all the neighbourds had SMETS II - but they (EDF) were telling me I had zero signal from connection to the smart meter system, - it turned out thet they were taking aload of rubbish - i insisted that i wanted a huge aerial installed (which they didnt need), as it turned out to be a software issue, now we are all up and running (albeit without HID, any info on the EDF app) - but its not a major challenge, as my bills (or via a 3rd party app), are 100% as expected. BW J.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back