Chargers must be reliable.

Martin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've been driving an EV for three years now and have had very little trouble charging on long distance journeys, but last Monday was an exception. We went to Penzance from Exeter in our ZS 2nd generation and needed to charge to come home. The following chargers in the Redruth area were all out of order: Carland Cross. Plume of Feathers, Scorrier. Flowerpot Chapel car park, Redruth. Morrisons, Redruth. I saw on the website that Cornwall Services were all temporarily closed. The only one we could find working was Macdonalds, Redruth. Cornwall really does need to get it's act together and in order to be less anxious they must be more reliable.

Totally agree. A lot of the Genie Chargers are out of order, and they tend to live in the Morrisons Supermarket car parks.. Their excuse is that they can't get spare parts for them.

Waste of space imho

It's apparently going to get worse before it gets better.
I was reading today that the take up of EVs is growing faster than the installation of public chargers and the government's commitment to this means that there should be 100 chargers being installed every month (or is it every day ?) to reach the 2030 target and at the moment it's only 23.

I posted my experience from before Christmas;

and made the return journey today. Two totally different experiences.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom