• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Charging across Europe

Diversions around traffic ? I wasn't aware it had live updates. Are these perhaps just well known problem areas?
Have you compared it by running say Google maps with same route on your phone at the same time.
This is what I got today when I hit traffic

IMG_20220807_115608051.jpg

Looks as though it is picking up on known congestion areas. I am only guessing that as it says 'Potential'. Your experience of it will be far better than any guesswork here on this forum and it seems to be working well for you. Good to know.

Looks as though it is picking up on known congestion areas. I am only guessing that as it says 'Potential'. Your experience of it will be far better than any guesswork here on this forum and it seems to be working well for you. Good to know.
I was stopped in traffic on a motorway at the time and stopped on other roads on previous occasions. Didn't know that this feature existed

I was stopped in traffic on a motorway at the time and stopped on other roads on previous occasions. Didn't know that this feature existed
So if you were actually stopped in the traffic it didn't warn you in time ?

I think I still prefer to use Google or other satnavs with live updates. I hate seeing that line of stationary traffic ahead knowing there's nowhere to go but join it, especially on a long journey.

So if you were actually stopped in the traffic it didn't warn you in time ?

I think I still prefer to use Google or other satnavs with live updates. I hate seeing that line of stationary traffic ahead knowing there's nowhere to go but join it, especially on a long journey.
Whilst I generally agree with you, when driving on roads with minimal alternative options and little traffic that benefit is low.

I'm finding the actual street directions very good without the need for data usage.

Today I drove from the French Pyrenees to Portugal, over 600 miles smashing my EV and ice daily record. I still feel relaxed.

If anyone now dares tell me that an EV is only suitable for short trips they might hear something they will not like

Charger 1 was Ionity on a octopus card, 2 was on electromaps, 3 zunder plug and play, 4 electromaps, 5 zunder, 6 Portugal on Miio.

Cruising mostly at 70-75 apart from one long charger gap at 65.
What was the total time to travel the 600miles and what where the charging durations ?

The image in post #20 gives all my figures.

I'm approaching the 2000 miles point and update. Decent trip tomorrow.
I'm not sure the picture gives all the info I was asking about, but I might not be looking in the correct place.

You travelled 624.9 miles in 11 hours, averaging 56mph, but stopped 6 times, (on top of that 11 hours?).
How long was each stop ?

I'm not sure the picture gives all the info I was asking about, but I might not be looking in the correct place.

You travelled 624.9 miles in 11 hours, averaging 56mph, but stopped 6 times, (on top of that 11 hours?).
How long was each stop ?
The end to end time was 14h 10 min, so 3h of stops, not all were for charging as we did 2 other stops. 11 hours at 56mph average isn't bad.

In an Ice car that would have been 1 fuel stop and the rest breaks. There were queues of over 1 hour for fuel unbelievably but no charger waiting.

It's annoying but none of the rapid chargers at McDonald's in Portugal will connect to the MG5. I thought wrongly that the direction signs would make the very useful. The T2 worked but I was charged £10/hour to use it. Rip off.

Yesterday I got this. I gave them a 1 star review and a piece of my mind

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_110251192.jpg
    IMG_20220812_110251192.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 118
Yesterday I got this. I gave them a 1 star review and a piece of my mind
Is that a no electric cars symbol ? I would have ignored and claimed you thought it was no towing.

Are you actually on holiday or just driving? :)

I don't recognise the symbol but I'd hazard a guess it means there are no EV charging facilities.

Is that a no electric cars symbol ? I would have ignored and claimed you thought it was no towing.

Are you actually on holiday or just driving? :)
On holiday! Day of chill, day of visiting places nearbyish. Only once needed a charger out but still like to look.

Couldn't use this one, it's for boats!

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_143936219.jpg
    IMG_20220812_143936219.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 119
2500 miles of exploration. Mostly motorway or hills

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_210450041.jpg
    IMG_20220814_210450041.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 98
2500 miles of exploration. Mostly motorway or hills
61.5 hours behind the wheel, that's 5 whole days at 12 hours a day and you've yet to come home o_O I might be tempted to get a plane next time and hire a car there.

61.5 hours behind the wheel, that's 5 whole days at 12 hours a day and you've yet to come home o_O I might be tempted to get a plane next time and hire a car there.
Been here 15 days and 3 long trips so most days are short. A few hours of that were at Eurotunnel including on the shuttle

I've always fancied taking the ferry to Santander/Bilbao and driving from there. Very expensive when I was considering it, not looked for a few years, but I wonder if the shorter drives once there would be worth it.

I've always fancied taking the ferry to Santander/Bilbao and driving from there. Very expensive when I was considering it, not looked for a few years, but I wonder if the shorter drives once there would be worth it.
I'm coming back that way. Lot easier but then you can't tour other countries en route

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom