Charging at charging stations

lisataylor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hope someone can advise please, just purchased an mg 4 trophy long range, we have a journey 300 mile long trip, could anyone advise me on which charging station to use please as I have had one bad experience at mfg bilbrough
top service station a64 york road, ( when tried to charge our car it stopped charging after 55 secs and we rang the company and they said they were having trouble charging mg cars) thank you in advance

I've successfully used MFG, Gridserve,Ionity, Instavolt, pod point ,Zest, Genie and Tesla, the only one that took a few attempts was BP/Polar. The MFG was at Beverley on the way to Pickering.

Have you looked at apps such as ABRP, PlugShare, ZapMap? They can show you the chargers and even plan a route for you. They will also show whether a given charger has worked recently or been reported as faulty, and in some cases will show how many chargers are currently free / in use.

Hope someone can advise please, just purchased an mg 4 trophy long range, we have a journey 300 mile long trip, could anyone advise me on which charging station to use please as I have had one bad experience at mfg bilbrough
top service station a64 york road, ( when tried to charge our car it stopped charging after 55 secs and we rang the company and they said they were having trouble charging mg cars) thank you in advance
Give us an idea of the journey, no addresses obviously just something like, say, London to Edinburgh and if you know the main route you want to take, e.g A1 or M1.
Will you have access to charging when you arrive, such as at a relatives or a nearby supermarket or other ? If you have you could arrive with a lower state of charge, SOC, than if you haven't.
How often do you like to stop, no point in planning a recharge at 180 miles into the journey if your bladder or need for coffee comes into play every hour.

Sounds horrendous doesn't it !! :eek:

It really isn't, it's just another way of thinking of things. We all know how often we would normally stop on a long journey, if you can just do it exactly the same but plugging in somewhere.

This forum will help you in any way you want while you get over the newness of it all and in no time at all everything will be second nature..... it really isn't that different. :)

I use octopus electroverse card and app. Used it for trip to Le Touquet and a rapid charger outside the tennis club there, no problems. It is a really usefull card to have as it works with multiple brands.

Have a look, just input your start and destination

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom