charging door release?

If the car is locked I think it will not open, otherwise a press inwards on the right hand side should pop it open?

Thank you but I have tried this and had cover off engine bay to pull release cord but no luck, I have charged twice since getting the car and door has been fine.

Just a theory, but if you put the type 2 socket bung in before the 2 pin rapid bung then the bungs don't seat properly and may be pressing against the door, making it difficult to press it in enough. Or if you closed the door and forgot to put the bungs back on and they are just sitting in the recess, the same.
A very firm push on the right hand side of the door, whilst unlocking or pulling the emergency release should free it.
Was it difficult to close last time you used it ?

Strangely I always put the type 2 bung in first, otherwise they get tangled.

Hi All i did manage to open the door after a few hours i could see nothing stopping it opening.
next day after charging and a run out the door did not open, two days latter and many attempts still no luck, visiting dealer tomorrow this cannot go on i think the car is great the only other issue is the clear windows defiantly need tints.

Hi All i did manage to open the door after a few hours i could see nothing stopping it opening.
next day after charging and a run out the door did not open, two days latter and many attempts still no luck, visiting dealer tomorrow this cannot go on i think the car is great the only other issue is the clear windows defiantly need tints.
I'm having mine done next friday in a 20% shade. This will cost me £180 for the rear door windows, quarter lights and rear screen. I was told for legalities that no further tinting could be added to the driver or passenger window.

I'm having mine done next friday in a 20% shade. This will cost me £180 for the rear door windows, quarter lights and rear screen. I was told for legalities that no further tinting could be added to the driver or passenger window.
The guy I used to do our ZS EV would not tint forward of the B post either.
However, it has been proven that the factory glass has zero tint to the glass.
Global tint WILL therefore tint you front side windows with a very very light shade if you want them doing.
Tinting makes a massive difference to be fair.
Remember, if you go too dark with the rear windows, it will be a night and day difference to the front side windows.
It will be a lot darker when the car has rain on the glass also.
I would definitely have it done again !.

Thank you for this, I wan't sure how dark to go with mine but you're right, compared to even a light tint on the drivers window, going too dark further back might look a bit wrong.
Has anyone varied the tint as the go along the car?
So, legal tint for drivers winder, medium for rear passengers and the darker for boot windows...

Andy

Thank you for this, I wan't sure how dark to go with mine but you're right, compared to even a light tint on the drivers window, going too dark further back might look a bit wrong.
Has anyone varied the tint as the go along the car?
So, legal tint for drivers winder, medium for rear passengers and the darker for boot windows...

Andy
A number of ZS EV owners have gone for the minimum shade on the front side windows, then slightly darker for the rear windows and rear screen.
I think one owner went even darker for the rear screen as well !.
I think I would go for minimum on the side front and then slightly darker for all of the rest of the windows myself.
Oh …… Just check with your insurance company first !.
I declared mine in the policy, but there was no increase to the premium.
It is seen as a modification, so it must be declared !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom