Charging during storm,and Tesla London Gatwick

Loveclose

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Good evening everyone,

Off to APH Gatwick car park soon., ready for early morning flight.
Couple of questions.....
1) There are storms around Gatwick around the time I'm due to the car park.
I was thinking of going the charge up before getting into the car park. It's it safe to do so if a storm breaks out, or would I be deemed Mr Crazy for trying??

2) There a public Tesla charger called London Gatwick. Appears to be near Crawley. Its it easily accessible, or is it within the airport itself?? Anyone know??

Thank you!!!

There is a large Gridserve charging area at the south terminal in the long stay car park entrance (exit via Hilton car park, move across to the right lane and turn right after exiting to avoid parking charges). It is also under cover so should avoid any storm issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
The public Tesla chargers are a couple of miles south of the airport.
As @richev says, there's a Gridserve Forecourt near the Marriott Hotel at the airport
If you're unaware, they're like a motorway services that doesn't sell petrol or diesel, only electrons.

Thank you for your replies....

I actually found the Tesla chargers.... public Tesla chargers within a Tesla showroom!!
Another Tesla driver was charging up... this was around 2.30am..... and was amazed that my car would change on what he thought were exclusive Tesla chargers!!
Storm was far enough away for me to get a crafty 30% to up at around 20 pence per kW.
On the way back to the APH car park, the heavens opened and some.... never seen rain like it!!!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back