Charging Fault with 12V Battery

Mark Burton

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I have a 71-plate ZS-EV and had an issue during the cold snap, where the 12V battery ran flat and the car wouldn’t start. I have managed to re-charge the battery to 100%, but now there is a fault light and message appearing, saying that there is a fault with the car charging the battery. I have also noted that in just in 1 day the charge in the battery has depleted by 25%. I’m just wondering if others have had similar experiences and what the fault/outcome was? Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few threads about this as it's not uncommon. If you put 12V, or 12 volt in the search box you'll see what I mean. :)

Check that the battery voltage gauge goes to at least 13V when in ready mode. If not, your DC-DC is not working, and even a new auxiliary battery will go flat in days.

Hi, I have a 71-plate ZS-EV and had an issue during the cold snap, where the 12V battery ran flat and the car wouldn’t start. I have managed to re-charge the battery to 100%, but now there is a fault light and message appearing, saying that there is a fault with the car charging the battery. I have also noted that in just in 1 day the charge in the battery has depleted by 25%. I’m just wondering if others have had similar experiences and what the fault/outcome was? Many thanks!
You should ask your dealer to carry out a volt drop test. This measures the voltage under load conditions. You should see no more than a 1 volt drop in a healthy battery

If it’s showing a fault light, chances are there is a fault! Visit dealer!

That is terrible service!
The UK has spent the last 30 years getting the car repair service to the point where most parts were available for same day delivery to the garage, and now this!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom