Alex Burr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to EV ownership.

I have an MG ZS EV 21 plate which should have a maximum mileage of 163 on full charge but can't seem to get the battery to 100%. I have an Ohme Home Pro charger and set the schedule to reach 100% by 7am in the morning but the maximum I've managed is 143 miles although the in car dashboard says charge complete. Spoken to Ohme but they say it's not their issue and to speak to manufacturer !!

Can anybody tell me how I might be able to obtain maximum mileage when charging please.

Once the battery gets to 100% leave it connected to balance the battery cells.
Once a month just charge it in fast mode.
Also reset the trip counters as they are used to calculate the GOM.

You also need to do the following when checking for max mileage:
1. Select eco
2. Zero both the current trip recorder and the long-term trip recorder.
3. Make sure all the ventilation and heater are completely off.

Only then will the car show the maximum mileage available.
This is because all the above directly affect possible mileage.
(Also balancing as mentioned above)

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you reset the trip meters, be aware that it displays the default, factory set maximum mileage, not real world maximum mileage. You might get caught short on a long journey if you rely on the factory default.

This can have the similar effect when the trips are not reset also.
E.G. - You have been using your car in a spell of good weather conditions to conduct town driving with no HVAC usage.
Therefore your efficiency results are very good, based on your historical data and your predicted range can be seen as over inflated.
Then out of the blue, you need to take on a much longer trip which involves a lot of motorway work.
The weather conditions have deteriorated badly and you are using the heater to stay comfortable on your journey.
As you travel you are wondering why your predicted range on the GOM is dropping at a much faster rate than previously.
This is happening because your GOM is constantly updating due to the latest set of consumption figures it is receiving.
So, I guess it can work both ways really.
It’s purely a mater of choice.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom