Charging Issue

Outsider

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi We have an MG ZS and have installed a podpoint 7kw home charger. All seemed to be going on but now when we connect the charger either wont charge or stops after a short time. Its not consistent though sometimes it charges for a bit longer. I've switched the charger off an left in for a few mins. Mixed results on this too ranging from nothing to a full charge!?

You can hear the charger click when it stops charging.

The three pin trickle charge works OK both at home and at work.

MG had a quick look before Xmas and though everything was OK.

Has anyone else had these issues. Its driving me potty!

Do you have WiFi extenders and/or mains network adaptors, some are known to interfere with the charger.

Hi We have an MG ZS and have installed a podpoint 7kw home charger. All seemed to be going on but now when we connect the charger either wont charge or stops after a short time. Its not consistent though sometimes it charges for a bit longer. I've switched the charger off an left in for a few mins. Mixed results on this too ranging from nothing to a full charge!?

Lots of Owners have had this turns out to be WiFi extenders.

I have a Podpoint and they have a device which cuts power to the charger if the house load is over a certain limit, this is to prevent the main fuse from blowing. When my car is on charge and my wife puts on the oven and tumble drier at the same time the car stops charging. When the oven is up to the set temperature charging resumes

After reading this thread I unplugged by power line WiFi extenders and the 3-pin charger works again. How strange!

Thank god for this forum eh

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom