Charging mg zs

djpools

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
mg zs says it is connected but waiting for charge when I am at a rapid station

But it never charges I booked it into my MG dealer they said it needed some updates done but this has made no difference

I now have a car what can only charge by type 2

Anybody got any ideas what the problem could be

Check if you have turned on scheduled charging. If so, turn it off. It will only accept charging at the scheduled times if its on. Also hit on start charging button on the infotainment screen when you are connected to charge.

I’ve not had this problem before it has always charged

Mg just doesn’t know what the problem is

I thought somebody might have had the same problem

Have you tried more than one rapid or a different network?
Does it make a difference if the car is locked or not?

I have tried BP Insta vault and GeniePoint
I spent 1 hour on the phone to InstaVolt
Tried with doors locked and doors unlocked. also tried paying by contactless and using my apps
It just always says connected but not charging.

No
They told me that I needed to go and check to see if it was working
I thought they would least be able to check via the software

How can I tell what software version I am on
Not where I am based
Owners don't have the ability to check on what software they are running on directly.
But a good indication can be found by checking your predicted mileage and voltage after a full charge and balance from a 7kw wall box or slower "Granny" unit.
I believe that when using the CCS charging, the inverter in the car is NOT used and power is sent direct to the HV battery.
If it is not collecting a charge from a CCS Rapid unit, it needs looking at by the dealer.

Owners don't have the ability to check on what software they are running on directly.
Actually, we can, with just an OBD2 dongle and a free app:

But it never charges I booked it into my MG dealer they said it needed some updates done but this has made no difference

Hi there, my car had the same problem amongst others. The CEO of the dutch dealership (Van Mossel) did a good job. The problems were all related to software, including the charging problem.
They've had my car for a week or so in the workstation and together with technicians in China they've solved all the problems.
So I advice you to ask your dealer to get in contact with the Dutch MG Dealer Van Mossel. They know the solution.
Good luck🤞

Just a little update they still don’t know what the problem is they have swapped out loads of parts but the problem still continues.
MG uk Customer Service is absolutely useless.
Still waiting for them to get back to me it has now been two weeks

That's a pity, but like I sad try to get your UK Customer Service in contact with the Dutch MG Dealer Van Mossel. They know the problem and they now how to solve it. Just yesterday I've been twice at a Rapid Unit and the car was loading fast and smoothly. According to the Dutch this is a software problem which they have solved in cooperation with Chinese technicians from the factory.
Good luck!

I would love to but Customer Service is do not get back to me.
All they ever say is they will contact me and they never do.
They put the issue back through to the technical team but they never get in touch

I would love to but Customer Service is do not get back to me.
All they ever say is they will contact me and they never do.
They put the issue back through to the technical team but they never get in touch
Why not try a recorded delivery letter to Guy Pigounakis MG’s new commercial director At head office?

Without the update you need to plug the type two cable to charger first, then car and finally LOCK the car.
With the update locked or not is fine.This is a different update, they said the same to me. Hope this helps

to work finemg zs says it is connected but waiting for charge when I am at a rapid station

have had that happen at a couple of pod points just unplugged and started again and seemed to do the trick

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom