Charging power MG4

Pianoman

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Got my new MG4 just over a week and this is my first opportunity to charge it. I was of the understanding that I could reduce the power to the car using the app, however, it’s not letting me change the setting. My guess is that it’s because I don’t have a smart wall charger. The pod point we have is a few years old. Does anyone know whether my guess is correct or not?
I assumed it was the car that could dictate how much power it draws?
Thanks

A wallbox is nothing more than a power source, some of which have smart functionality incorporated. So I also would have expected the car to define how much power it would draw from the power source.

Did you try changing the Current (Amps) setting in the charge panel in the car?

A wallbox is nothing more than a power source, some of which have smart functionality incorporated. So I also would have expected the car to define how much power it would draw from the power source.

Did you try changing the Current (Amps) setting in the charge panel in the car?
No but will do shortly. 😁

Hey @Pianoman if you go into app click charging managment you will see a battery there’s a slider on the battery to decide what you want the battery percentage to charge to there’s also scheduled Charging on there I charged mine yesterday after picking up and sorted everything out on the app

Hey @Pianoman if you go into app click charging managment you will see a battery there’s a slider on the battery to decide what you want the battery percentage to charge to there’s also scheduled Charging on there I charged mine yesterday after picking up and sorted everything out on the app
Thanks. Seen all that but it doesn’t apply. My aim is to “reduce” power intake so that it only uses my Solar …. When it’s sunny of course . 😁

(Clouded over now damn it! )

Does your charger have its own app, on mine you can adjust the settings for rate/speed depending if it’s running on solar or the grid.
(Charger is project ev)
No. It’s an early charger, before they did fancy schmancy chargers 😁
Ordered a zappi.

We’ll have 2 chargers, it’ll come in handy for my old Renault kangoo zE.

Hi I've got a Zappi2 and a Trophy MG4. I'm retired so mostly do short (under 50 mile) journeys and am also trying to only charge the car from my 7 kw panels. I've set the Zappi2 to the eco+ setting but notice via my British Gas monitor that the car always uses mains electricity to charge the car when it starts charging from solar, is reducing the rate of current on the Zappi2 a way to just use 100% solar? And if so how please? Once my Tesla battery arrives (been waiting over 18 months), I might have more questions. Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back