Charging problems MG EV

Just a thought, but I remember seeing a U Tube clip where a MG owners car wouldn't charge after a issue at a public charger. He resolved the problem by disconnecting and then reconnecting the negative lead on the 12 volt battery and this solved the issue,. It's a easy thing to do and might be worth a try, only need a 10mm spanner.
Just a thought 🤔

Yeah - I've seen that clip as well. Ever since then, I've put some basic tools into the boot just in case I needed to remove the neg battery terminal or do some basic 'emergency' repairs.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Just a thought, but I remember seeing a U Tube clip where a MG owners car wouldn't charge after a issue at a public charger. He resolved the problem by disconnecting and then reconnecting the negative lead on the 12 volt battery and this solved the issue,. It's a easy thing to do and might be worth a try, only need a 10mm spanner.
Just a thought 🤔
It might work of course but tbh I lived through all that nonsense in the 1970s with old bangers. This is 2021. I need a car that just works. I need it fixed for good. Coming home in the back cab of an AA flatbed in the freezing cold with the wife is not much fun.

Yes; granny charger standard equipment in Australia as well. We mainly charge at home with the included 10amp granny charger with no problems since we collected the car in Nov 2020.

It might work of course but tbh I lived through all that nonsense in the 1970s with old bangers. This is 2021. I need a car that just works. I need it fixed for good. Coming home in the back cab of an AA flatbed in the freezing cold with the wife is not much fun.
Sorry Niall my reply was very grumpy and ungracious. Have been living with these charging issues for a year now and am a bit fed up. So thank you. Have you got a link for that YouTube video please as I can't find it?

Sorry Niall my reply was very grumpy and ungracious. Have been living with these charging issues for a year now and am a bit fed up. So thank you. Have you got a link for that YouTube video please as I can't find it?
Look for Modern Heroes channel on Youtube

Hi, it's not a problem at all, I can totally understand what you where saying and feeling, been there myself and in some ways still there with the my MG, but that's another story. Not sure the hard reset of the software will do any good as the clip relates to Rapid charger's but thought it might be worth a go, but can understand exactly what you're saying especially if this been ongoing for a year, I think I would have thrown the towel in by now myself.

Hope you can find a solution to your problem soon.
Niall

Just a thought 🤔
I'd forgotten about this, I was going to check the battery connection and put a spanner in my car in case, note to self to do it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom