Charging problems

John mac

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My mg will not charge at home with the 3 pin plug even through its wired through a cooker socket which mg advise but it will charge from other people's socket I have pv panels on my roof and a battery pack installed I was wondering if that is affecting my home charging anybody else had this problem

Have you checked that the cooker socket is live? Also, are you using an extension lead?

Hi yes I've had an outdoor socket fitted through the cooker socket and this is live when I plug the 3 pin socket into it the charger connects to the car then stops charging after about a minute

Hi yes I've had an outdoor socket fitted through the cooker socket and this is live when I plug the 3 pin socket into it the charger connects to the car then stops charging after about a minute
The grany EVSE could be sensing an earth leakage and shutting down. Better get an EVSE electrical engineer out to check it is correctly fed and protected.

Last edited:
Have you checked the car has not got scheduled charging set? Connecting then disconnecting a minute later sounds like what mine does when I plug it in, but I have set to charge overnight.

I don't have a Mark 2 with scheduled charging. Maybe the video in this post will get you close:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom