Charging timer?

bowfer

Banned
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all, just picked up my car today.
A couple of problems already, a TPMS light coming on and a drumming noise/vibration at higher speeds (I suspect wheel balance, I’m getting all weather tyres fitted next week which will hopefully fix that)
Anyway, I’m having an issue setting up timer charging to suit my octopus go times (2130-0130)
I have the app connected and set up timer charging there, but when I plugged the car in it immediately started charging.
Am I better setting up the timer in the car itself?
If so, how?
I’ve been through all manner of menus and can’t see it.

/off-topic ... Did you used to post at MSE Forums?

Re. TPMS ... let some air out of all the tyres then re-inflate to 37 psi. (Sometimes the TPMS sensor needs a "kick" after standing for a time during shipping.)

Re. charging ... if the charge point is active then the car will start charging as soon as it is plugged in. So either set the schedule in the charge point app, or set a schedule in the car (via the iSMART app).

Am I better setting up the timer in the car itself?
If so, how?
I don't know if you're better off setting it in the car, but if you want to try there's a little cog icon on the charge settings screen in the car that takes you to the schedule settings. It took me ages to spot it when I wanted it!

It’s another bug I’m afraid.
I’ve had the charge timer set since day one, about 80% of the time it manages to charge. One morning it hadn't charged at all, couldent get to a meeting. Very annoying. And a few times it has started charging as soon as plugged in.
Plugged my previous ionic in almost every day for 6 years and never had an issue to the same charger.
I think it’s something to do with the sequence of pluging in. Locking the doors before plugging. Or plugging the. Locking the doors. Also if the app has woke the car to change a charge parameter it gets in a confused state. Etc…. Same with lights. Sometimes the lights just stay on.
It’s what I call. Software bug 36.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel