Check list for looking round a new MG4 trophy

KH11

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have reserved a Camden Grey Trophy. Which I will be going to test drive after our holidays. Hopefully I will be purchasing if everything pans out.

Has anyone done a check list for looking for when I go. I have tried putting in a search by a couple of combinations on here and nothing has come up.

I have noted some of the things that have been raised on here but it would be helpful if I had a full list of things that I need to check.

I have noted the oil leak, undertray bulge, checking window seals and someone had mentioned the infotainment software update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have been reading about all the issues and the techy person in me can reason with most of them - but some seem to be simply bugs. I wonder if MG has some website with known bugs and fixes/features roadmap?

All this cannot reduce my excitement for this car :cool:

I really like the grey interior, it's a shame we can't get it officially in the UK, though there is a case of a very lucky forum member that accidentally received their car with the grey.

Most of the niggles and minor annoyances with the car, are software issues. If there was a place to report these bugs with the hope of having updates created down the line, it would be a very good thing.

I'm not aware of any such place, though 😔

It doesn't really take away from the fact that the car is very good IMO, I think you'll love it as much as the majority of us do 😎

I really like the grey interior, it's a shame we can't get it officially in the UK, though there is a case of a very lucky forum member that accidentally received their car with the grey.

Most of the niggles and minor annoyances with the car, are software issues. If there was a place to report these bugs with the hope of having updates created down the line, it would be a very good thing.

It doesn't really take away from the fact that the car is very good IMO, I think you'll love it as much as the majority of us do 😎
Thank you and if the test drive goes okay then I will be joining you in a couple of weeks.

Report them to your dealer who "should" report them to MG

Report them to your dealer who "should" report them to MG

I have done, I'm just hoping they are doing their job, forwarding on these issues to the higher-ups.

Frankly I'm not holding my breath. Luckily, they are just that, niggles.

I really would like a customisable infotainment home screen, with shortcuts. It would make the experience much better.

I have done, I'm just hoping they are doing their job, forwarding on these issues to the higher-ups.

Frankly I'm not holding my breath. Luckily, they are just that, niggles.

I really would like a customisable infotainment home screen, with shortcuts. It would make the experience much better.
That would be nice, however I would temper your expectations.

The software (like a lot of vendors) is still a work in progress. They are fixing bugs and improving it steadily but it is hard to dealers to update the systems outside an annual service unless you have a warranty issue - and most of the minor issues are not deemed a warranty issue. A good dealer will do an update anyway, so it is worth bothering them.

In some ways it is great that we have a useful app and a pretty comprehensive set of features in the car systems, for a low-cost EV that is nice. On the other hand there are a lot of bugs.

MG are notoriously poor at communicating: they try to push everything through dealers and so even the concept of a web page with current infotainment versions and release notes is completely alien to them. It would be easy to do but generally we get silence and/or a corporate line.

Some say this is the Chinese culture: admit nothing publicly and work behind the scenes to fix problems quietly. I don't know if that's true, but it does explain some of it.

Many of the issues on “the list” are from early deliveries. My dec build march delivery had zero list defects. No oil leaks no wonky floor and it only make’s pathetic weak attempts to kill me by tweaking the steering.

However the demonstrator you drive could be older and might exhibit some. The one i drove was constantly nagging about looking ahead and the camera parking system went off every time you got into a lane at lights. One of the reasons i didnt get the trophy as the SE doesnt have those features

Many of the issues on “the list” are from early deliveries. My dec build march delivery had zero list defects. No oil leaks no wonky floor and it only make’s pathetic weak attempts to kill me by tweaking the steering.

However the demonstrator you drive could be older and might exhibit some. The one i drove was constantly nagging about looking ahead and the camera parking system went off every time you got into a lane at lights. One of the reasons i didnt get the trophy as the SE doesnt have those features
Yes it sounds like the car I will be taking the test drive in will be a demonstrator but the car I am looking at purchasing will be there for me to look round and talking to a manager at the dealership yesterday they say they have only had the car a week as brand new not registered so no number plates on. So I don’t know if that’s for example a February build as I gather it takes a few weeks to get over the water on the slow boat from China and then takes a while to get to the dealership.

The car might have a certificate of conformity in the glove box. The build date will be on there, in american date format. Without that the last digits of the VIN on the plate under the bonnet will indicate the production number, which can give you a clue. We had a thread a few months back about production numbers and build dates.

The car might have a certificate of conformity in the glove box. The build date will be on there, in american date format. Without that the last digits of the VIN on the plate under the bonnet will indicate the production number, which can give you a clue. We had a thread a few months back about production numbers and build dates.
I’ll try and remember that albeit we are going away on holiday Sunday so might have the post holiday blues when we come back lol

Has anyone done a check list for looking for when I go. I have tried putting in a search by a couple of combinations on here and nothing has come up.
I have started a checklist for my upcoming handover in June based on this forum and other things I found online. Take a look at it and feel free to add/edit: MG4 Handover Checklist

I have started a checklist for my upcoming handover in June based on this forum and other things I found online. Take a look at it and feel free to add/edit: MG4 Handover Checklist
Just had a quick look and If it’s for a Trophy can you add if sat nav is set up. Otherwise I think you have done a good piece of work and maybe add check for oil leaks underneath

Is this printable at all?

Just had a quick look and If it’s for a Trophy can you add if sat nav is set up. Otherwise I think you have done a good piece of work and maybe add check for oil leaks underneath

Is this printable at all?
Thanks! I added the oil leak and sat nave as well as trim level column. The list is printable - see attached - I hope this works.

My MG4 is the trophy, but I hope others can also use the check-list as well (trying to pay back some of the wonderful advice here). Anyone can create an account on 'notion.so' and edit, copy, export to PDF/print the list as they wish.

Attachments

• MG4_Handover_Checklist.pdf
    540.5 KB · Views: 108
Thanks! I added the oil leak and sat nave as well as trim level column. The list is printable - see attached - I hope this works.

My MG4 is the trophy, but I hope others can also use the check-list as well (trying to pay back some of the wonderful advice here). Anyone can create an account on 'notion.so' and edit, copy, export to PDF/print the list as they wish.
Thank you for this. I was going to try and type up what I had written out but it was going to be a bit pushed as we are going on holiday Sunday and have a lot to do before we go. So you have saved me from having to do that and when we return back home the following morning we are heading over for the test drive. I thought when I retired it wouldn’t be as pushy before going away with stuff to do but it is not the case lol

Further to earlier post Paintnuts have now supplied Camden Grey touch up paint. First order attempt was by reg. no. After failing elsewhere tried ordering by Paint Code. That worked but code they provided (PAG) was not the one on the car (5ZBY). Still perfect match, went on well, so happy days!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back