Close to zero?

John T

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
How close to zero per cent should i risk going away from my home charger with my MG4 LR? Also, would I need to pre-register with Tesla/download their app to use their chargers?

I didn't realise that tesla chargers were all available to non-tesla vehicles. When I looked previously at the app there was a 'Charge your non-Tesla' section which flagged up only a few available locations.
Has this changed recently?
The Tesla App has changed. As I understand it, unless you have declared a Tesla car (or product?) then the map will show you only those chargers open to non-Tesla EVs.

I found out it lost a few kms when cold 10-15 deg C but lost more when it was say 45-49 deg C, lost around 100 kms range.

Cold? I can only dream of it being that warm! (I expect we'll get there next week.) Once you get down to and under zero you lose a lot more. I'm really surprised you lost such a huge amount when it was extremely hot though.

Cold? I can only dream of it being that warm! (I expect we'll get there next week.) Once you get down to and under zero you lose a lot more. I'm really surprised you lost such a huge amount when it was extremely hot though.
Thought you were gonna say that about cold lol! Yes, I was surprised too that I lost all that range to the heat, but it was a heatwave and was 48-49°C for a week or two, and here we have 100% humidity too.

That sounds absolutely horrendous to be honest. So long as the range recovered with more temperate weather I suppose it's no big deal. I hear that battery degradation is a bit faster at high ambient temperatures, but really I think you have plenty in hand.

What is the name of the Tesla app? (I can find several tesla-related ones, but none that seem to be for the Superchargers)
This is for Android phones...
Thanks

What is the name of the Tesla app? (I can find several tesla-related ones, but none that seem to be for the Superchargers)
This is for Android phones...
Thanks
As @Rolfe said it's a red square with the Tesla logo from Tesla, Inc.

1714281178744.png

Have you created an account?
Unless you add a Tesla product (under the 3 bars > My products) then the app assumes you have another make of EV, thus will only show Open To All charger sites.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back