Cold airflow when heating is on in the MG4

fionadeb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello everyone,
I’m new to this group. Hoping you can all help me with some issues.
Each time I’ve tried turning on the heating to 22-24 degrees, cold air just keeps blowing out. I’m aware the A/C comes on automatically, which I turn off. But still no warm air is coming out.
Also phone( iPhone) will not connect to car. Has done so in the past but won’t now. I’m due back in the garage (again!) tomorrow.
Hope someone can shed some light on these issues .
Thanks in advance
Fiona

Hi Fiona, the MG4 seems to be about 5 degrees off in temperature so you'll need to set the temperature to 29-30 to get warm air out, my previous car I set to 19 as a comfortable temp, the MG need to be around 24-25, otherwise it is just too cold.

I set mine to 27 degrees. That will give me a decent 22-23 degrees inside my car. It's wierd, but I can live with it. 22-24 can probably warm up the car if it's very cold, but it's not winter yet.

24 should eventually produce some warm air when the vents get warmed up, 27 is a bit quicker. 😉

@meincranbourne, I moved this thread to the MG4 forum where it should have been.

The climate system is deliberately weak when driving in ECO mode. I drive in ECO myself, though I have a ZS Mark 1. I find that in the hottest part of summer, I get perfectly adequate cooling by turning the hot/cold setting all the way down towards the blue end. Perhaps if you also prefer to drive in ECO, on the MG4 with climate control, you would just select a very low temperature.

Some people have had an issue with the heater blowing cold even at high temperature settings, and suddenly blowing cold when the car has reached the desired temperature. I'll try to find the thread about it.

If it's done this from the beginning then get the dealer to check it out.

When my car was delivered the heater never worked, it could sit on full power at "HI" and still blow cold. Required a replacement heater core.

If your car has a heat pump then it would be a different solution though.

TBH, I never found ECO mode to make any noticeable difference in the heater output on my MG4 or my old 2020 ZS.

Hello everyone,
I’m new to this group. Hoping you can all help me with some issues.
Each time I’ve tried turning on the heating to 22-24 degrees, cold air just keeps blowing out. I’m aware the A/C comes on automatically, which I turn off. But still no warm air is coming out.
Also phone( iPhone) will not connect to car. Has done so in the past but won’t now. I’m due back in the garage (again!) tomorrow.
Hope someone can shed some light on these issues .
Thanks in advance
Fiona
I have the same issue, the outside temperature reading seems fine but the interior one reads far too high. I hope a software update will subtract an appropriate amount to rectify this issue, it sounds like an easy thing to do.

I have the same issue, the outside temperature reading seems fine but the interior one reads far too high. I hope a software update will subtract an appropriate amount to rectify this issue, it sounds like an easy thing to do.

You'd think, but I'm not sure that they have. People with the newest software still seem to be reporting the issue.

Bjorn Nyland thinks this is a common thing in Chinese cars, and that what's actually happening is that the temperature displayed is the temperature of the air coming out of the vents rather than the actual cabin temperature.

This is a different problem from the heater actually blowing cold air though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back