Yandards

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Orange Trophy collected this morning to replace an E208.

Need to dig into the various functions etc but had the lane keep assist kick in on the way home and the Peugeot was harsher (although it has a hard disable button).

Now to stick all the AliExpress stuff on it to minimise the damage mini me manages to do!

App is a lot more responsive than the Peugeot too which would often not bother doing anything except show a spinning refresh wheel.

Got a noisy AC pump, could hear it when I was setting up the various menus, bonnet open and it's even louder and a slight vibration visible in operation.

Whilst nosing around under the bonnet saw this bit of paper - interesting if nothing else.

Had a quick squint at the undertray prior to signing off collection but difficult to see as was parked near a wall.
PXL_20230620_114229668.jpg
PXL_20230620_120852733.jpg

Enjoy!

Also, get your head right under the car and see if you have that ill-fitting undertray that a lot of people are still reporting.
My undertray was fine on delivery (about 5 weeks ago)but after a few days a dip appeared on the rear drivers side and then one on the passengers rear side after a few more days.. will be replaced under warranty when a new one comes in. I suspect that it’s poor plastic quality that doesn’t like it too hot…

I didn't look properly at mine when I got it because I had strained my back riding a horse the previous week, and anyway I didn't know what I was looking for. I looked last week, and there it is. I'm just getting my entire list of niggles down to tell the dealer the lot, but really the only one that worries me is the undertray. The warbling aircon isn't actually bothering me and anyway we know it can be fixed, and the rest is just software bugs.

I didn't look properly at mine when I got it because I had strained my back riding a horse the previous week, and anyway I didn't know what I was looking for. I looked last week, and there it is. I'm just getting my entire list of niggles down to tell the dealer the lot, but really the only one that worries me is the undertray. The warbling aircon isn't actually bothering me and anyway we know it can be fixed, and the rest is just software bugs.

Is this on top of the three page letter you said you wrote to your dealer a couple of days ago? 😮

Fitted some of those AliExpress mudflaps today so looked at the undertray, it is bulging and also looks like the sill sealant robot has had a day off - spots of bare metal visible and I get a good amount of finger nail between the inner and outer sill panels - recipe for future corrosion.

The infotainment is taking some getting used to, as West Oxford have decided to spend a shed load of money on 20 mph road signs it's easier to put the limiter on. Unlike the cruise control this keeps turning itself off.

Surprised they haven't updated the quick flash AC settings page to a bit longer as well.

That all said it's not as bad as the Peugeot we had before which was very obviously corroding on the rear hatch on delivery.

Attachments

• PXL_20230621_120312423.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120312423.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 133
  • PXL_20230621_120219315.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120219315.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 133
  • PXL_20230621_120144677.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120144677.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 140
  • PXL_20230621_120126653.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120126653.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 125
  • PXL_20230621_120120018.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120120018.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20230621_120307756.jpg
    PXL_20230621_120307756.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 134
Fitted some of those AliExpress mudflaps today so looked at the undertray, it is bulging and also looks like the sill sealant robot has had a day off - spots of bare metal visible and I get a good amount of finger nail between the inner and outer sill panels - recipe for future corrosion.

The infotainment is taking some getting used to, as West Oxford have decided to spend a shed load of money on 20 mph road signs it's easier to put the limiter on. Unlike the cruise control this keeps turning itself off.

Surprised they haven't updated the quick flash AC settings page to a bit longer as well.

That all said it's not as bad as the Peugeot we had before which was very obviously corroding on the rear hatch on delivery.
Woaa I hope you are going straight back to the dealer with that. It looks like some of your under tray is not even fixed up.

Are these images showing the lifting points?

Are these images showing the lifting points?
In that area but it's bad all the way along, I did think it might be from the PDI if it was lifted although as its all rough it's not that.

I managed the mud guards without jacking using a low profile ratchet and bit kit.

It looks like it's been jacked up on the sill.
The undertray looks like at least one of the fasteners has broke loose.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back