Comfort 2 Update

PVchris

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We have just bought a 2020 ZS EV and have found the bongs to be infuriating, along with a few other things.
Have spoken to supplying dealer who was adamant that the Comfort 2 update had been done (obviously it hadn't). They booked it in to do the update again for us, but on collecting the car back, we were told that they don't do the update anymore and don't even have it! They had however succeeded in changing settings to allow unlocked charging!
I give up 🤦!!
Can anyone recommend a dealer or any other way of getting the Comfort 2 update? I realise I'm going to have to pay ...

Eric Steads, Sheffield did mine before I picked it up July 2020, so they may still have the update.

We have just bought a 2020 ZS EV and have found the bongs to be infuriating, along with a few other things.
Have spoken to supplying dealer who was adamant that the Comfort 2 update had been done (obviously it hadn't). They booked it in to do the update again for us, but on collecting the car back, we were told that they don't do the update anymore and don't even have it! They had however succeeded in changing settings to allow unlocked charging!
I give up 🤦!!
Can anyone recommend a dealer or any other way of getting the Comfort 2 update? I realise I'm going to have to pay ...
The charging unlocked was the EVCC update. (not part of the Comfort 2 update).
Just ring around as many dealers as necessary locally(ish) and further afield if necessary to find a decent dealer.

Yeah - my thoughts exactly - I think I'll give them one more chance to help, then I'll try someone else.
Here is a list of what the Comfort 2 update provides.
You can use this as a check sheet after you find somebody to carry out the work.

This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
  • Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes.

Lovemyev. You are such a helpful guy. You always seem to solve any problems that arise. I hope that you continue to do so when my car finally arrives. Thanks from all of us. 🤞🤞🤞

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom