Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

I noticed the speed camera warnings and locations aren't on the map, even though I set them up in settings.

I noticed the speed camera warnings and locations aren't on the map, even though I set them up in settings.
Have you updated your satnav software? This is totally seperate from the Comfort 2 update, and from my own experience, dealers aren't even aware this can be done. It's not without risk though - whilst it's easy enough to do, it sometimes fails and can render the satnav unuseable but fixes from Naviextras seem to resolve things. Peope have said on here that the satnav software update only updates the maps. That's not accurate, after this update I had increased functionality of the media unit, for example the option to play video and view pictures.

Have you updated your satnav software? This is totally seperate from the Comfort 2 update, and from my own experience, dealers aren't even aware this can be done. It's not without risk though - whilst it's easy enough to do, it sometimes fails and can render the satnav unuseable but fixes from Naviextras seem to resolve things. Peope have said on here that the satnav software update only updates the maps. That's not accurate, after this update I had increased functionality of the media unit, for example the option to play video and view pictures.
Yes I updated it twice as there were two updates when I checked a few weeks ago.
I was going to do a footprint and check again but since reading your thread where it stopped working, it put me off. I might just do a footprint and check on naviextras, just to see if it is still up to date, but maybe not update it.

Yes I updated it twice as there were two updates when I checked a few weeks ago.
I was going to do a footprint and check again but since reading your thread where it stopped working, it put me off. I might just do a footprint and check on naviextras, just to see if it is still up to date, but maybe not update it.
Interestingly my Naviextras won't even read my USB stick, I was going to try updating, the car did it's side of the fingerprint, but Naviextras didn't even see the USB, even though my computer did. Very odd.
Edit: Probably for the best though anyway? haha, I also did read that some people say it can take a while for the program to see the USB, but I left it plugged in for half a hour while I had some food and nothing 😂

I just did a footprint and checked naviextras (took about 30 seconds to recognise the stick) and there was another update (map).
I downloaded the update which was almost instant (?) then went to the car and updated the car which took less than 10 seconds (?) and everything works ok.
Strange that the update seemed to be very small in size with it only taking seconds to load though. :unsure:

I just did a footprint and checked naviextras (took about 30 seconds to recognise the stick) and there was another update (map).
I downloaded the update which was almost instant (?) then went to the car and updated the car which took less than 10 seconds (?) and everything works ok.
Strange that the update seemed to be very small in size with it only taking seconds to load though. :unsure:

This happended to me and this is when I ran into problems.

Hi All,

When registering on naviupdates, what is the device model to type at the start of the process?

Thanks

Wow what an interesting thread - so many ups and downs, twists and turns and segways 😂

I’ve reserved my ZS EV and due to UK lockdown restrictions won’t be able to pick it up till mid-December. I’m hoping the upgrades mentioned will have been done before I pick it up and I’ll definitely look for all the indicators of the CU2 upgrade having been done.

If there’s an ADMIN watching this thread, it would be great if there was an FAQ which included the various upgrades as they come available and how to check If they have been applied

Hi All,

Good news and bad news. I just had a lengthy conversation with my MG dealer and good news, there is a software update now available in the UK that deals with temperature reading and various other bong issues and a faster boot up.

Bad news is that although the software update itself is free (I suppose) the installation of it, isn’t. My dealer will “if I decide to accept the mission” (software update)) charge me their hourly rate for the technician who will carry out the update. Unfortunately, he is not 100% sure how long is needed but whatever time it takes will be charged accordingly.

Now here is the bad bit, once the software update is completed there is NO RETURN to the previous software installation and if anything goes wrong with the car i.e. something does not work when it did under the old software then the fix is again at the owners cost.

I build my own computers and others probably do as well and we all know how things can go wrong after a software update, so one must consider the risk before doing this. He quoted an example to me where they carried out a BMS software update on a NEW MG ZS EV and after the update the car would not start.

So, in summary if the bongs and suchlike are unbearable and you need a faster boot up and the outside temperature and are willing to take the risk there is a software update available (think it’s called Comfort Pack 2).

Regards

Frank

Frank
This is very interesting, I spent 50 years in the Motor Industry for Car Manufacturers and have never heard of such rubbish to call a software update a comfort pack is just sharp practice around charging the hourly rate, and also as a computer expert, you well know the technician does not work on the car for an hour, he connects it up to the software and leaves it running for the down load to take affect while he does another job.

This makes my blood boil and detracts from the high quality of build of this car. does anyone have a contact number for MG as I used to be the Customer Service Director of a division of Lex Service and I think someone needs to challenge these charges

I've read the entire topic and I know that if my display displays the outside temperature, I have the latest infotainment update.

But.. If I am right, there are (in total) 4 different elements that can be updated;
  • BCM,
  • IPK
  • Gateway
  • Infotainment

Is that correct and if so; how can I check if they have the latest software updates?
@Pepppie , I’m interested in this too as I’m buying a brand new SZ EV and want to make sure it has all the latest updates.

Did you get an answer?

This is very interesting, I spent 50 years in the Motor Industry for Car Manufacturers and have never heard of such rubbish to call a software update a comfort pack is just sharp practice around charging the hourly rate, and also as a computer expert, you well know the technician does not work on the car for an hour, he connects it up to the software and leaves it running for the down load to take affect while he does another job.

This makes my blood boil and detracts from the high quality of build of this car. does anyone have a contact number for MG as I used to be the Customer Service Director of a division of Lex Service and I think someone needs to challenge these charges
I was given this number 02039175821 when I queried the absence of tie-down hard points in the cargo area - I wish you luck!

My car got in today to do the comfort update 2 and the bms. I got my car mid November, and the comfort update 2 was installed at first sight, but it did not have the battery range in the central display and the car still honks 3 times when I left the keys in the car.
After that I wrote to my dealer a big mail explaining what kind of updates exist, he called me for an appointment for the "radio" update... So again on the phone I explained them in detail what updates need to be done and what they are changing.
So this morning I gave my car to the dealer and the guy in the reception first asked if nobody had shown me how to do the "radio" update myself...
So again I explained him that I want the comfort update and the BMS update and that the radio is fine.
Then he began to argue, from where I had all these informations about the updates and that he only can go the MG Site for dealers enter my VIN Number and so the site will tell him, which updates need to be done to my car. If there aren't any listed, he will not do anything. And that I should take the things from the forums with a grain of salt, because many things there are not true...
I nearly killed the guy in the reception... So the car was finished at 11 o'clock. I will get it back tonight. I'm really curious if they did the right thing or just the "radio" update.

My car got in today to do the comfort update 2 and the bms. I got my car mid November, and the comfort update 2 was installed at first sight, but it did not have the battery range in the central display and the car still honks 3 times when I left the keys in the car.
After that I wrote to my dealer a big mail explaining what kind of updates exist, he called me for an appointment for the "radio" update... So again on the phone I explained them in detail what updates need to be done and what they are changing.
So this morning I gave my car to the dealer and the guy in the reception first asked if nobody had shown me how to do the "radio" update myself...
So again I explained him that I want the comfort update and the BMS update and that the radio is fine.
Then he began to argue, from where I had all these informations about the updates and that he only can go the MG Site for dealers enter my VIN Number and so the site will tell him, which updates need to be done to my car. If there aren't any listed, he will not do anything. And that I should take the things from the forums with a grain of salt, because many things there are not true...
I nearly killed the guy in the reception... So the car was finished at 11 o'clock. I will get it back tonight. I'm really curious if they did the right thing or just the "radio" update.
I've never heard of a radio update before, what's it meant to do?

I'm surprised you didn't 'chin him'.

There is a damm sight more knowledge on groups like this...than in some of the dealerships!

IMO it really reflects badly on the MG brand I'm afraid.

I think it's about time MG took a long hard look at one or two of it's dealerships....and then gave them a swift kick up the a**e.

I got the car back. Comfort Update 2 is installed with the remarque that my fm/am works fine.
But they said that the BMS is not for my car so they didn't install it... Well, it wasn't that important for me. As long as the comfort update 2 is now properly installed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom