Consumption Graph Not Working

I've heard some people say that's not linear though.
Exactly, and that is why tsedge's wish is just a dream. Or you can buy a Tesla and get linear %.
Linear is just programming - it is a bug that it isn't and can be fixed. Even without (it isn't that non-linear), I wager it would still be easier, most people aren't good at calcuations in their heads.

Linear is just programming - it is a bug that it isn't and can be fixed. Even without (it isn't that non-linear), I wager it would still be easier, most people aren't good at calcuations in their heads.
Of course, it is only about programming, most of what is not good about MG4 is about errors in, incomplete or straight up stupid choices with the programming.
Incidentally, I have no faith that SAIC/MG will change their practice until another Chinese car manufacturer with much better software solutions outcompetes them in their own home market.

Of course, a linear % display would be desirable, but it is now the case that very few car manufacturers apart from Tesla have prioritized such a solution. To say that non-linear % display is a bug is then a misrepresentation of the situation.

I don't think linear % display will come anytime soon either, as today's preferred battery chemistry is notoriously difficult to correctly read the energy content of.

For the same reason, weekly 100% charging with balancing charging is required in the SR version but only monthly in the LR versions of the MG4 so that the BMS module can handle readings from the battery pack correctly.

I think we fundamentally agree on most things, but see the matter from different sides.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back