Creaking door mirrors MG5 LR exclusive

RedandboX

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi does anyone else have creaky door mirrors when they are closing? If so any ideas?, I’ve tried WD40 and a smear of grease and that lasts for about a week before the dreaded creak comes back. Also I hope the new 5 comes with an optional seat offer i.e. the cloth one’s as these faux leather one’s get extremely sweaty on long runs, even with the AC in blast mode. Cheers 🐷

I actually sprayed some de-icer on SWMBO's mirror bases in the Winter to stop them freezing up and that stopped the squeaking for about 6 months, it's just come back last week.
Silicon spray works well but only lasts about 2 or 3 months before needing to be re-applied.

Mine does it too, most of the time, but only recently. I have some PTFE spray, also some graphite, I wonder if one of those might help?

It seems to be worse when the weather is warm, so shouldn’t be a problem for too long 😂 it must be a tolerance on the plastics.

I know that keyless entry, auto air con, rain sensing wipers, 4 USB ports and electric heated seats with lumber support are a bloody pain but I suppose can live with a squeak 🤺🤭😂
I’ll give you the extra USB ports, and the roof bars that hold half as much as normal, but the rest is just maah whatever to me. I can live with pressing a switch when needed but I do accept I do very low miles so don’t have the needs of other people

I’ll give you the extra USB ports, and the roof bars that hold half as much as normal, but the rest is just maah whatever to me. I can live with pressing a switch when needed but I do accept I do very low miles so don’t have the needs of other people
75kg is pretty standard max roof load for a family car

75kg is enough for me on my LR 👍

Attachments

• F1A8C072-E70F-42DE-8D41-3B2EEAF7E2C1.jpeg
    F1A8C072-E70F-42DE-8D41-3B2EEAF7E2C1.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 88
Also I hope the new 5 comes with an optional seat offer i.e. the cloth one’s as these faux leather one’s get extremely sweaty on long runs, even with the AC in blast mode. Cheers 🐷
I put a towel on the seat for longer trips now it's getting warmer. Wasn't an issue on the LEAF.

Squeaky/creaky mirrors here too! First occurred for me when we returned from two weeks holiday, so the car had been standing (in the airport car park) for that length of time.

Since that first time, the "noise" has become slightly intermittent but I'm certainly tempted to try the suggestion of the Silicone Spray.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom