Creep mode + battery max charge level.

Dan C

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Good evening peeps,

Had my MG4 Standard range since Friday and loving it so far, I saw on this forum the other day a user mentioning about disabling “creep mode” ( where the car creeps forward after the brakes are released, like a normal ICE automatic ) I can’t find the option anywhere to disable this ?

Also I can’t seam to set the car’s maximum charge level on the app or in the car, although the iSMART app tutorial video clearly shows this ? ( maybe on long range only due to its battery chemistry ?? )

Thanks
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK creep mode is all there is unfortunately. But the dealer gave me a tip that might help. When you come to a stop, up to lights for example, push down on the brake pedal, then when you release it the car will sit stationary until you press the accelerator. It's not as good as the Leaf in this regard, but this is a lot easier than putting the parking brake on over and over again.

AFAIK creep mode is all there is unfortunately. But the dealer gave me a tip that might help. When you come to a stop, up to lights for example, push down on the brake pedal, then when you release it the car will sit stationary until you press the accelerator. It's not as good as the Leaf in this regard, but this is a lot easier than putting the parking brake on over and over again.
Yep I’ve got the auto hold brakes function enabled and it’s doing its job, I just heard someone mentioning that disabling “creep” mode effectively turns the MG4 into one pedal driving which would be nice.

Yep I’ve got the auto hold brakes function enabled and it’s doing its job, I just heard someone mentioning that disabling “creep” mode effectively turns the MG4 into one pedal driving which would be nice.
If anyone works out how to do that I'd be very interested. Would make my wife a lot happier if she could drive it like the Leaf.

Good evening peeps,

Had my MG4 Standard range since Friday and loving it so far, I saw on this forum the other day a user mentioning about disabling “creep mode” ( where the car creeps forward after the brakes are released, like a normal ICE automatic ) I can’t find the option anywhere to disable this ?

Also I can’t seam to set the car’s maximum charge level on the app or in the car, although the iSMART app tutorial video clearly shows this ? ( maybe on long range only due to its battery chemistry ?? )

Thanks
Dan
In the charge management bit of the iSmart app you slide the little arrow under the charge level bar to select the max charge. Not sure if this is a Trophy-only feature, but then again the standard range is supposed to be charged to 100% anyway. Might be an issue for SE LR though if not available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002_221641_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002_221641_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 76
In the charge management bit of the iSmart app you slide the little arrow under the charge level bar to select the max charge. Not sure if this is a Trophy-only feature, but then again the standard range is supposed to be charged to 100% anyway. Might be an issue for SE LR though if not available.
Cheers man, I definitely don’t have the little arrow guessing they want me to charge it to 100% regularly.

Cheers man, I definitely don’t have the little arrow guessing they want me to charge it to 100% regularly.
If I remember the podcast and other info I've read correctly.
The standard range has a different battery architecture than the long range and is happy to be charged to 100% without causing any damage to the battery.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back